A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

WIP..."Guarding"

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

WIP..."Guarding"

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:37 am

Just thought I would share what I've been working on. A little different from what I usually do. Saw a couple of adjustments/corrections after I took this pic...so remember it is WIP...LOL. Thanks for veiwing and comments.
Attachments
HPIM2405.jpg
"Guarding"
HPIM2405.jpg (34.64 KiB)
xxbreezy

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:05 am

A little different doesn't hurt sometimes. And to be honest, I even like it better than your usual style. There's something left for the imagination. Very nice!
Erika Takacs

Postby Teknowizard » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:33 am

LUV where you are going with this... the clouds open with the moon shining through and the path of light from the lighthouse.

It is always good to explore new paths, it helps us grow.
My Facebook Fan Page - Come join as a fan and/or set up your own fan page.
Teknowizard

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:53 am

Thank you very much!!! I'm happy this is turning out the way it is. Plan on adding some different size waves and I believe a rocky shore below the lighthouse. I still have almost a half of a page left at the bottom to work with. So.....I'll keep ya posted.
xxbreezy

Sketch update-"Guarding"

Postby xxbreezy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Finally got a little time to work on my sketch so thought I would share its progress. Thanks, as always, for viewing and your comments!!!
Attachments
Copy of HPIM2482.jpg
"Guarding"
Copy of HPIM2482.jpg (157.35 KiB)
xxbreezy

Postby krysta11 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:15 pm

It is good, you added some rocks below. As you know xx
eezy I am not an artist(painter)) on your level, that is why I wouldn't like to say something wrong. Watching my ocean shore, which is very rocky, I know that waves coming to the rocks are very splashy especially when ocean is rough, angry, scary. The impact of waves on rocks should be more visible. I am sorry if I am wrong. It is only my suggestion. I really love your paintings.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby Nicoletta » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:31 pm

I usually dont like pics od lighthouses but htis is definitly the exception to the rule.. unique.. full of feeling and passion.. i absolutley love it...
Nicoletta
Nicoletta

Postby xxbreezy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:04 am

Thanks alot of your support and suggestions. But...I have not added any rocks yet. I still have about a third of the page to work with and plan on adding a rock with alot of splashing under where the light house is. I just haven't had time to work on that part of my sketch yet but thanks so much for viewing.
xxbreezy

Postby krysta11 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:08 pm

Oh xx
eezy, I am sorry. I thought, the dark spots... Sorry ! :cry:
best wishes
krysta
krysta11

Postby xxbreezy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:41 am

No problem Krista...I have done the same thing...LOL!!! I did get to work on my sketch yesterday and added quite a bit. Just need to add detail in waves and rocks. Will post WIP probably later today. Then will post the final sketch. I really appreciate the interest you have taken in my work..thanks so much.
xxbreezy

"Guarding"...another update

Postby xxbreezy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:51 am

Thought I would share the progess of my newest sketch..."Guarding". Need to do a little more work on the waves and the rocks but its almost done. Appreciate you viewing and commenting.....thanks a bunch!!!
Attachments
HPIM2485.jpg
"Guarding"
HPIM2485.jpg (165.84 KiB)
xxbreezy

"Guarding" (final)

Postby xxbreezy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:27 pm

Ok....heres the final on my pastel sketch "Guarding"...I hope. I hope you all like it and comments are more than welcome. Being as how this is a little different from my usual beach/tropical colors....I still felt good about how this finished out. Still not sure I like the title so if anyone has a suggestion....feel free. As always, thanks for viewing and commenting.
Attachments
Copy of HPIM2492.jpg
Copy of HPIM2492.jpg (169.32 KiB)
xxbreezy

Postby krysta11 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:14 pm

It is remarkable job, xx
eezy! The title? What about "Ocean Torch" or something like that ??????
I don't see your signature yet.
krysta11

Postby bergina » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:43 pm

Wow,
Love this work,
Al
bergina

Postby johnwalkeasy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:48 pm

Linda, I like this work. And it is a change form the very colorful work I,ve seen of yours. It.s a cold stormy sea at sunset. Somewhere north. It makes me think of some of the old movies from the 1940,s. I might think perhaps the yellow light comming from the light house would be more fitting to the work if they were dim white. The waves crasing agaist the rocks works very well.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:48 am

Thanks for such supportive comments. The yellow light coming from the lighthouse I had actually removed but apparently didn't get it all. I thought I would like a little color there but it just didn't work out. The yellow light in the "windows" just really made this lighthouse stand out when I added it I think it stands out so much because it is such a dark sketch. Yes...I know I haven't signed this work yet...which I usually do after my work is finished. I think in the back of my mind...there may still be a small change or correction...lol My husband always tells me I am my worst critic.....lol. Anyway....thanks again. Oh...one more thing...thanks Krista on the title suggestion. I think I have decided on "The Guardian"...a suggestion from someone on Red Bubble where my work is also posted. And again Bergina....your comments are always a great welcome to me. As I had said in the past ....getting that kind of comment from you is like getting an "A" from my teacher....ok I'm done now...lol
xxbreezy

Postby oilpainter2247 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:24 pm

xx
eezy

this one is very nice .i love lighthouses

There is one thing in this that i see, the background mountain over to the right should be lighter in value then the forground rocks

it would make the mountain more distint then it is

i find this one very nice to look at ,,,and great movement in the water .nice work .mike
oilpainter2247

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:06 am

Thanks Mike....you are actually correct!!! I didn't see that but will be sure to keep it in mind for another sketch...soon I hope...lol. Thanks for commenting.
xxbreezy

Postby Teknowizard » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:09 pm

It turned out Gorgeous!!! Love it!
My Facebook Fan Page - Come join as a fan and/or set up your own fan page.
Teknowizard

Return to Works In Progress