A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New sketch..."Still Waiting" stage 1

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

New sketch..."Still Waiting" stage 1

Postby xxbreezy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:17 am

I just started this sketch yesterday. The idea came from the help of a friend in Ohio. Feel free to comment or just look...either way I appreciate your time.
Attachments
HPIM2342.jpg
"Still Waiting"
HPIM2342.jpg (36.74 KiB)
xxbreezy

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:04 pm

This is very pretty. I love the simplicity and cleanliness of it. I can't wait to see more.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby xxbreezy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:22 am

I changed the angle of the waves and beachline and darked the sky and the ocean water. That angle was just not working at all. Will post as soon as I get a good photo of it. So...be looking for my next update.
xxbreezy

Final sketch..."Still Waiting"

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:56 am

Here it is...my final on "Still Waiting" Below is a little story I wrote to go along with my sketch...hope you all like it.

"Still Waiting"
It is said to be rumored that this mysterious women has been seen, on occasion, to be standing at the ocean’s front. She appears to be looking out to the ocean as if she is waiting for someone to return home. It is also rumored that a very long time ago, a man lived in this little cottage with his beautiful wife. One day, he left out on a fishing boat, which is how he earned his living… only to never return. Some say ….that is who has appears on this shoreline from time to time….still clad in her antique-type dress and clutching her black um
ella.
Attachments
HPIM2379.jpg
"Still Waiting"
HPIM2379.jpg (153.8 KiB)
xxbreezy

Postby bergina » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Very nice. Love the wave as it looks so natural. The very back sand /tree line just above the um
ella looks a bit too strong/ and dark. Everything back here should be soft as in the initial painting. The softer you can make it, the better the stronger colors will look in the foreground. You sun set and light reflection looks really good. This would make a great book cover for your story.
Thanks for the nice comments on the cabin painting.
Al
bergina

Postby xxbreezy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:06 am

Thank you very much Bergina....a comment like this from you is like an "A" from a teacher...lol!!! Yes I see now what you are talking about (the top left sandy area). I will check the original sketch to see if maybe this just copied darker than it should but it only makes sense because that is where the most light is. Thanks again Bergina!!!
xxbreezy

Postby krysta11 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:29 am

Hi xx
eezy,
I love your painting. It is talking to me, making me wonder how this waiting woman looks like. I can see in your magnificent work love, hope, patience. Bravo!
Krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby xxbreezy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:13 am

Wow..thanks Krista!! You have great insight as that was what I wanted this sketch to portray. I have considered doing like ...a series of maybe 3 sketches. Maybe one with this mysterious lady waving at a fishing boat leaving for sea and/or maybe a closer look at the cabin..maybe her sitting looking out the window. Haven't really decided yet. What do you guys think? Would like some input and suggestions. I really appreciate what you have to say and especially thankful for your comments.
xxbreezy

Postby krysta11 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:28 am

XX you are very right. Three different paintings with the same subject. Woow! This one you have here should be as a last one. I wouldn't show her face on any of paintings.
I can't wait to see all of them. I also..., OK, it is only my suggestion. I live in Sydney. Nearly every weekend we go to the beach. For me ocean is never so peaceful, flat. There is a lot of rough waves on the surface and a lot of noise. I would like to see waves, wind and fogg, and grey, grey sky on your second painting(storm).
with love
Krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby xxbreezy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:18 pm

Thanks Krysta...yes if I decide to do more on this subject....my husband and I was thinking the same thing for the second one. Storm rolling in, waves getting a little rough....something along these lines. Maybe her standing on the pier or whatever. I agree that this should be that last one too. I agree that showing her face would ruin the mystery behind her. Thanks for your input and if you have any more thoughts...I would appreciate it.
xxbreezy

Postby Nicoletta » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:28 pm

the sky and the way you depicted the sun is awesome... love that...
Nicoletta
Nicoletta

Postby Mazeus11 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:54 pm

hi! i enjoy the progress. Just off the bat, i like your balance of light and darks. The light sky in contrast to the dark fa
ic of the figure and also the shelter upon the land. I enjoy seeing, so to say, thus far, the repition of arcs- the clouds's angelic wing formation to the sun with the dressed fa
ic of the figure to the leaf and
anches of the palm tree. Since your work is in progress, this is what i felt impacted through your work. best of luck in its progress- i look foward to what it becomes!
Mazeus11

Postby Mazeus11 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:58 pm

oops! i realize my reply was rather late due to the work since. The balance of light and dark contrast is still very serene. and i see the "fa
ic" i called is an um
ella which i like even more, how it mimics the flow of the palm trees and moreso offers a cool shade upon the figure. the colors present a cool feeling and indeed is serene and peaceful.
Mazeus11

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:38 am

Thanks Mazeus11...you have given some insight and comparative thoughts to this sketch. I really appreciate the time that you have taken to project your thoughts so graciously. Thanks again...also please check out my newest sketch...Guarding. I just love your input...better late that never I always say....lol.
xxbreezy

Postby oilpainter2247 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:57 pm

xx
eezy
what do you got 10 paintings all going at one time :lol:

very nice looking painting here ,,,,,,,,will be looking at it more when you put up more pics .mike
oilpainter2247

Postby xxbreezy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:36 am

LOL...no only one at a time. Sometimes if I get stumped on a sketch I may start another one but not usually do I work on more than one at a time.
xxbreezy

Postby beautifulbay » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:25 am

Hi Linda! Looks beautiful!
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
CREATE~ Lose yourself in your own world ~ Just do it because you love it!
beautifulbay

Postby rips10 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:13 am

Every thing is nice in your painting but wind is missing --you can creat it by making the gown of the lady blowing any one side --it could be nicer- best luck.
rips10

Postby xxbreezy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:39 am

This sketch is has been completed for awhile now...final maybe on a different thread. Thanks for veiwing and comments though...appreciate it alot!!
xxbreezy