A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Eternal Beauty

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Eternal Beauty

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks for taking a look and your comments. Yes, the hands and toes were almost impossible. They looked good in the photo I used from MyArtModels.com but as is almost always the case, what looks good in a photo does not look good in a painting. I had to manipulate, change, remember anatomy, and construct shadows. Hope to do it better in future paintings if I do anymore of these.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby CarlOwen » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 am

Good morning. Well, the results are in for the Nov. 2017 open contest held by Fan Art Review. Eternal Beauty won second place. I have now won first, second and third place on that website. I have won Best in Show, third place, honorable mention and several finalist acknowledgements on the Fusion Art website and have been recognized by this site as a moderator and have had Grand Canyon IV posted on the home page as a tutorial painting. In the beginning, my paintings were rarely to never even viewed, much less voted on. Paying attention to what I was doing, staying the course, and practice, practice, practice in order to improve my work is starting to pay off. I still have such a long way to go. I suppose that there will always be the desire and aim to improve. I can live with that.

Moving on to Eternal Beauty II and then III before I switch gears and go to animals in the wild. I want to be sure I have confirmed the discoveries and techniques I have learned doing Eternal Beauty and learn a few more things along the way. I have entered these comments to encourage other artists who have not yet been recognized to not despair, but rather to constantly strive to improve and of course enjoy what you do.
CarlOwen

Postby davideo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Beautiful painting, Carl.
davideo

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Thank you David. Burned a few brain cells on this one. Need some time to recoup before I start Eternal Beauty II.
CarlOwen

Postby naim_cpeu » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Wow....awesome works.
naim_cpeu

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Thank you for the compliment Naim.
CarlOwen

Postby naim_cpeu » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:54 am

You are most welcome
naim_cpeu

Postby Eileen Breslin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:23 am

Carl,

Thank you for sharing the steps in the development of this lovely, multi-layered work. Your commentary has been interesting and instructive. I especially enjoyed seeing the warm flesh tones gradually bring the model to life, and I love the dark, rich background. Looking forward to future posts.

Eileen Breslin
Eileen Breslin

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:16 am

Thank you for your comments Eileen. I am currently working on Eternal Beauty II. I made a significant breakthrough on that one.
CarlOwen

Previous