A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

San Marcos Cafe

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

San Marcos Cafe

Postby CarlOwen » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Good evening. Brain healed. Time to move on. Started a new painting I have titled San Marcos Café.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: San Marcos Cafe

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:42 am

Good morning. The San Marcos Café is a small breakfast and lunch only café that looks like it was once a home. It is located on highway 14 just a few miles south of Santa Fe, NM. The highway is a scenic highway that goes from Santa Fe to Albuquerque and further south following an ancient route where turquoise was collected and even mined. The café is unique and serves a menu of home made dishes that are absolutely delicious. This painting, like many of my paintings, starts out as a drawing from a few selected pictures I have taken and recomposed until I get the composition and visual feel that I want to display. There are five drawing posts in this message starting with the very first beginning of the drawing. I don't know how many posts it will take to unveil this painting. Nor, do I know how long it will take me to do it. Such is the adventure of creating something from nothing. Just love it.
Attachments
CarlOwen

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Good evening. Got some more work in. Just adding shapes and shading. Feel like I am just walking it down to the finish line, so to speak. Here are the posts.
Attachments
CarlOwen

Postby ivo55 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:30 am

Great work and a lot of passions. I hope I can see the finished product.
ivo55

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:18 am

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for your comments Ivanov. And you will, you will.
CarlOwen

Return to Works In Progress