A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Cassandra

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Cassandra

Postby CarlOwen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Good afternoon. While waiting for my seaside or lakeside shoreline painting to dry enough, the waiting time on the mixture of yellow ochre and titanium white is murderous, and while waiting for my mind to decide how to transfer the drawing from the 18 by 24 inch working drawing of Grand Canyon VI, this portrait popped into my mind and demanded to be manifest. It will become an oil on canvas painting. Thought I would share this process. There are four posts of this 2b pencil drawing on canvas. It is already talking to me about the color combinations it needs. In addition to the sheer joy of watching a painting become before you eyes, sometimes being an artist is such a pain. I don't do this because I want to, it is because I must. All you artists out there know what I mean. Moving on. Here are the posts.
Attachments
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Cassandra

Postby Pinstearn » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:27 am

She's beautiful! Thank you for sharing your process as well! I love her hairstyle. The twintails are really cute.
Pinstearn

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:21 am

Thank you for your comments. I will be renaming this one to fit into a collection of four I am creating. I'll post more later when some decisions are solidified. Don't want to just shoot my mouth off. Done that to many times in the past.
CarlOwen

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi all. This drawing caused the beginning of the goddesses post in this forum. This post will remain as is but nothing more added to it on my part. Reasons are in the goddesses post. Happy viewing everyone.
CarlOwen

Return to Works In Progress