A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby LookBacktoFour » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:21 am

Last edited by LookBacktoFour on Sat May 07, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
LookBacktoFour

Re: Elsa from Disney's Frozen

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:13 pm

OK, the critique. Exhibits powerful anger within the face. Form is maladjusted in proportion even if foreshortening is taken into consideration. I understand the cartoonish characterization, but the overall presentation causes me to ask the following questions.

Why the need to produce this type of art?

What in your soul causes the need to demonstrate such hatred towards women that you need to belittle their beauty by producing such a presentation?

And, do you understand why I should ask such questions?

I await your complaints or your defensive responses because I do not expect any thing else. But, maybe you can surprise me.

Carl Owen
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby jenn_iam » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Mm.. I second those questions... especially the second one.... "What in your soul causes the need to demonstrate such hatred towards women that you need to belittle their beauty by producing such a presentation?"

If the answer, is I just wanted to provide a more voluptuous version, that at lease would come across as flattering in form. Even a evil version of Elsa, would still have a perspective of beauty and femininity that is appealing.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby LookBacktoFour » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Last edited by LookBacktoFour on Sat May 07, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
LookBacktoFour

Postby LookBacktoFour » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Last edited by LookBacktoFour on Sat May 07, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
LookBacktoFour

Postby jenn_iam » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:38 pm

You know... Its not the "meat on her bones" or the voluptuousness that you have made her that crosses any line with me, its the un-necessary additional details to her breasts and pubic area that turn it to something that could be construed as derogatory rather than simply a more full figured version, while still attempting to be complimentary.

As for "why produce this type of art" question - Carls question is not "why re-create a existing developed character into your style..." WE don't have a problem with your character style as if we did, this mode of dialogue would have occurred with your other Characters, which hasn't. I, we, believe that if you took the Disney out of it... that the woman in this respect would be represented the same, would it not? Thus, going back to my prior paragraph... and rephrase the question: Why produce art that adds elements that turn something that could be sensuous and beautiful to something degrading? Unless you have something to say to the viewer that is far deeper than Disney or Elsa.

Jennifer Erin
jenn_iam

Postby LookBacktoFour » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:09 pm

Last edited by LookBacktoFour on Sat May 07, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
LookBacktoFour

Postby jenn_iam » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:26 pm

I got that that is a preference for you.. and that is wonderful. Yet not the issue. You have missed my point.. which was not about the size at all... Thank you...

Jennifer Erin
jenn_iam

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:09 pm

Good evening. Checking in. Have now read everything.
I understand. You have submitted a work based on hate. Pity. Any endeavor born of anger, hate or personal prejudges, be it a law, a crime, or a so-called work of art shall always fail with outrageous backfire on the originator of that hate and lame excuses will fall on deaf ears.
However, it is my opinion that you can still save yourself by letting folks on this site know that you understand the objections to this work. Apologize for your action and remove it. You still have time to not go down that path to the dark side. You do have skills that could improve humanity by exhibiting beautiful works of art. I look forward to seeing your work in that endeavor.
Carl Owen
CarlOwen

Return to Works In Progress