A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New Color Pencil Piece

Are you in the middle of a new piece? We would love to see your work as you progress through the finishing stages.

Moderator: Moderators

New Color Pencil Piece

Postby Arico222 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:40 pm

Hello this is a new style a medium that im trying to be patient with..lol Just looking for some thought and tips!!
Thanks So Much!!
Attachments
Arico222

Re: New Color Pencil Piece

Postby victorvector » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:48 am

Interesting composition , it`s got depth.

The zebra stripes look a little bright , but you may be layering more on top ....
Use black with caution , it can look flat and life less , but then again , you may still layer more color on top ?
I try to limit the use of black and look for very dark substitutes , the burnt umber colors , or maybe a dark ultra marine like color .
Perhaps you could pick out the darkest colors of the picture and push it into the street surface later to unify the picture .

Just a suggestion , maybe darken and saturate the colors some more in areas of the brick work and windows closest to the viewer , and reduce the value as the building recedes further into the distance , giving the illusion of aerial perspective , as the colors get paler into the distance. Same with the clouds , they have perspective too , and maybe they are a little strong and placed very central to the sky. You may well be doing a lot more work on all of this .

I think the light pole may be disproportionally high and a little distracting to an otherwise quite pleasing composition.

I think hard to make comment just yet , as it`s a little early into the piece.

Looking forward to seeing more of this . Please update when you can .
victorvector