A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

No, They Will not

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

No, They Will not

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:19 pm

I think it saids perhaps in the Good Book. That the meek will inherit the earth. Na, wont happen.
I remember when I was 15. I worked in a 7-11 store. And I did'nt like working there.
But I was saving up money to buy a car. So I stayed with it.
About 3 months or so before I would have as much money as I thought I needed. A young girl,
About 20 I guess came there to worked in the evening. Which was when I worked Mosly.
Well it was just me and her working there in the evening. And ofcourse she would be at the register.
So I was kinda at the point that I wanted to quit. So I told her one night that I was going to tell the boss that I was going to quit.
Well, I be damed. She got upset. Said she did'nt want to be there all alone. And stuff like that. So I stayed on.
Now 50 years later. I'm wanting to retire. But I find myseft having the same feelings.
I've been 22 years at the same job. And I feel like if I go now. That the other guys in the shop. will have a difficult time. A coulpe might even lose thier job. So I stay.
Now this kind of thing has went own all my life. And I know things would have been so much better in life if I had always just done what I wanted to. Like now and like then. And all the time inbetween. So me and all the other meek people will end up with nothing.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: No, They Will not

Postby ehoeveler » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:59 am

We are the noble meek because nobility is all we have, lol!
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:01 pm

Well Lis, You know when ants go on a march. They always come to what to them. Is a Big deep river. So how do they get across. Well most times some will make a bridge out of themsefts. All the others will cross that bridge.
But what happens to the ants that made the bridge.
Well I guess they fall into the water and die.
I wonder how many ants that live on will take a look back to see what happend to thier sisters?
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby kcortese » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:04 pm

John,
After reading your post, it is clear that you have an extremely caring and considerate heart. You wanted to do something for yourself by quitting your job at the 7-11, and retiring from your current job. You took into consideration how your actions would effect your co-workers. You didn't end up with nothing. You proved to everyone that you are a caring, considerate person, who thinks of others before yourself. You will be rewarded in this life or the next. I wish more people in this cruel world were more like you.

Karen
kcortese

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby devil20 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:58 am

I've been 22 years at the same job. And I feel like if I go now. That the other guys in the shop. will have a difficult time. A coulpe might even lose thier job. So I stay.

_______
sultan
devil20

Postby katiem » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:05 pm

I have this same problem, caring more for other people than for myself. There's a point where you have to take care of yourself and not others though. I actually had a talk with my boss at work the other day about how I'm always feeling like everyone else's job is also my job. And MY BOSS said to start saying to myself "Not my problem." Now obviously, what you're thinking may happen at your job is a lot bigger issue than what happens at mine if I take less concern with what's going on or even quit. But, I think you may need to consider the "Not my problem" method a little bit if you want to make yourself happy. You may feel responsible for everyone where you work and feel like the whole place will go to ruins without you, but they may also be just fine.

Also, I think the key word in your post is you feel these things may happen. Do you know they will?
katiem

Return to Shoot The Breeze