A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

My revamped studio + supervisors

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

My revamped studio + supervisors

Postby BYart » Sun May 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi All!
I'm excited to finally have revamped my studio! It has great natural light, with a huge window. I've closed the blinds for the sake of taking this picture.
My studio is located in my Den, which has a Fireplace(cozy for working in Winter). also has a nice walk-in closet, which I have added deep shelves to for storing all those great art supplies!

I bought two 36" solid core exterior doors for my table tops. Stained them and painted the edges to match the base cabinets. I also took an old double door closet(freestanding), removed the damaged doors, turned it on it's side, revamped the shelving from horizontal to vertical, and added a couple of horizontal shelves...great storage for canvases, and my Pastelboards! Love my new area, and as you can see in the pics....so do my "supervisors"!!!
Gena is the Great Dane on her bed)yes, that is a twin sized platform bed...nothing too good :lol: for these guys, and my newest addition is Indy(short for Indigo), the Doberman. He is shown yawning, as he is always bored when I sit to work on a painting. This guy is wound pretty tight, and never runs out of energy! He must think he's ended up in an "ole' folks home" considering how Gena and I am MUCH slower paced than this energetic adolesant! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
studio 3.jpg
studio 3.jpg (154.11 KiB)
studio 2.jpg
studio 2.jpg (185.91 KiB)
studio 1.jpg
studio 1.jpg (185.99 KiB)
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun May 01, 2011 6:42 pm

Very clean and neat. Looks like a great area to work in. Unlike my little space. The rats had to move out. And find a cleaner place to live.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby BYart » Sun May 01, 2011 7:21 pm

:lol: :lol: John! Well, let's see just how long it stays neat!
In my case, I have to deal with "slobber' from Gena. She'll get a drink of water, then strings of slobber hang from her lips, then it happens.....the head shake :shock: ...and yep!..I end up with slobber on my paintings, work area, and ME! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby krysta11 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:48 am

johnwalkeasy wrote:Very clean and neat. Looks like a great area to work in. Unlike my little space. The rats had to move out. And find a cleaner place to live.

hahahahha John, I like your reply .
My working area is in the garden. Barb I love your studio. You are very organized girl. Not like me. When I am working on my new piece I am usually very absorbed with my work and sometimes out of control with mess around me. I did find
ush in my cafe cup few times. I will try to show all of you my working area.
krysta
:D
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon May 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Congrats, Barb, very friendly and well-organized area, I'm sure you both feel great there, especially Gena! :)
Funny John and Krysta! I still work in my kitchen "studio" but if the pieces keep growing I'll have to upgrade to a basement studio!
Erika Takacs

Postby wave3496 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:24 pm

First thought that pops into my head after I see the pics- "Ooooooh! PUPPIES!"

I work pretty much anywhere. I draw in my room, outside, at school, and one time in a bowling alley....
"I laugh in the face of danger!

... and then I hide until it goes away."
wave3496

Postby johnbriner » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:39 am

Oh hello there! It's nice to here that you already have a new room. Your dogs are adorable! lol Nice working place too! Glad you post. :D
[url=http://john
iner.wordpress.com/]John Briner Art[/url]
johnbriner