A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The Next American Artist

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

The Next American Artist

Postby artisticsha » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:11 am

Today television has many shows such as American Idol, Shear Genius,Chef Challange, Dancing with the stars., so you think you can dance shows like this offer great opportunities such as contracts, money,and supplies and most of all recognition.

I think the should have a show called "The Next American Artist".
Artist can compete weekly. Its not as though we dont have enough catagories. Then the winner can recieve a contract with some major gallery for a one year, plus cash and other prizes.

What do you think of the idea?
artisticsha

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:15 pm

I think that would be a very cool thing. I,ld wacth it. I don,t wacth the other shows you talked about. I think a lot of people who ar,nt artist would be interested in a show such as that. Maybe you could write to a t.v. networth and sudjust that idea. Thier always looking for new and interesting shows.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lyndaelyzoo » Sat May 08, 2010 11:55 pm

There is a new reality art show called a Work of Art that apparently was developed by Sarah Jessica Parker and debuts on June 11th. Not sure of the channel. It should be interesting to watch.
lyndaelyzoo