A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Aussie Autumn (sorry - Fall for Nthn Hemi)

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Aussie Autumn (sorry - Fall for Nthn Hemi)

Postby Geoff_Anthony » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:00 am

This is one of my favourite times of the year. Summer here was hitting near on 40 c every day with over 70% humidity. Fun for about a week or so, then the lack of sleep and constant overheating starts to run you down.
Now, in mid Autumn, the temp is a mild 24c and only 55% humidity - all systems normal. Cool at night, so easy to sleep and the summer itch that effected our dogs so badly is starting to ease and the poor boys can settle now.
This weather is great for watercolour, not too sweaty (nothing worse than sweat dripping onto the paper of a painting that was working for you), the light is clear, the sky has a mix of deep deep blues and dramatic cloud formations.
Sitting in my studio, listening to the kitten smash another antique, distant lawn mowers and barking dogs, birds in the trees and laughing children. Twisting my mannequins into more ridiculous poses, I now realise that I had better get back to my canvass as I have now run out of distractions.
My lovely wife is working today, dressed as a fairy at a local department store, painting childrens faces. She is so good at this, and incredibly artistic but will not listen when I try to get her to try her hand with my paints.
Three pm and still
ight and sunny, warm with a gentle cool
eeze playing games with the wind chimes. Thomas (my studio assistant - and avatar pic) is now nudging my arm so time to paint again. He finds watching me paint is fascinating and through his eyes - I am poking a stick and making colour appear, so he watches intently.
Anyway forum folks, must get busy again so I'll say G'Day for now and post again soon.
Ciao Bella!!!!!, :D
Geoff Anthony
Tuggerah, NSW, Australia

I think, therefore I don't know
Geoff_Anthony

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:10 pm

A nice story. Summers are hot here where I live also. In the southern state of Georgia, USA. And it is all most summer. And it,s starting to get a little hot already. It was 85 today. Australia is a far away place. But people are the same where ever we go. See you around.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Geoff_Anthony » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:05 pm

The world was always smaller than we could imagine, and now in the age of the web, even smaller still. Accents and language aside - we are all human, and all fascinating in our own way.
Funny thing, but all of our pets have similar emotions and pick up similar character traits; their view of the world though, is smaller still.

Amazing to think, that two people can have a discussion half a world from each other without leaving their houses, without making expensive phone calls and without shouting loudly. I don't think the current generation of kids appreciate this.
I remember life without mobile (cell) phones, pc's, fax or even basic word processors. When shops shut at midday Saturday and nothing was open on Sunday. We never even realised life was difficult then - that was just how it was and we made the most of it. Even the remote on our betamax video player was wired. Our daughter has no idea what we are talking about, and thinks it funny when I tell her that TV stations used to end transmission at midnight and start again at 7am the following morning. In less than a generation, we have moved to this point.

Amazing thing, the human mind
Geoff Anthony
Tuggerah, NSW, Australia

I think, therefore I don't know
Geoff_Anthony

Gallery: View Gallery