A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Just Curious... What got you...

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Just Curious... What got you...

Postby jenn_iam » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:04 pm

...started???

I mean, did art just come to you from an early age?
Did one day you just decided to try something and it clicked.??
What was that earliest artistic masterpeice that got you hooked... ??

Art touches us is so many different ways.. through the visual senses.. through touch and even emotion..

In fact, I was stunned recently, as a close friend looked upon my most recent peice, and was welled up with emotion that was so intense for her that it
ought her to tears... I was speechless... That has never happened to me as an artist before..

For me, some of my creations are emotionally influenced.. Some influenced by family, friends or just plain determination.. the drive to complete something that is special to me.

I started pretty young.. I grew up in an artistic family.. so learning art was multifaceted.. in that I just didn't stick to any one style, medium or genre..

Where creativity is concerned I love it all.....

What about you???
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

What got you ....

Postby DeDeSorensen » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:34 pm

...started?

I have always loved art. As a youngster, I spent hours in the li
ary with my nose buried in art history books. But, surprisingly, I didn't start to seriously create art until later in life ... after I was married and the birth of my second child. I had been fast-tracked on a career in business with a side-trip to the U. S. Army to specialize in Computer Operations - Cryptology. Still, all this early business and computer training continues to serve me well in the day-to-day management of my fine art, illustration, and writing business.

:P DeDe
DeDeSorensen

Postby jenn_iam » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:20 pm

Well, Dede your art reflects your love, no doubt.. regardless of the path you took that led you to your creativity.. :)

I work in Software development by day.. :? Joy!! It serves its purposes..
But, home... I create something, every day... My mother encouraged me to that practice when I was little, and I seem to have stuck to it... :lol: That could be the start of a painting.. the sketch of an idea.. something.. and I find I don't force it.. I will pick up the medium that suits the craving for the day and go with it.. whatever comes out, is what should be..

Sometimes its not 'all that'.... but sometimes its such a 'start' that I am inspired to keep on until I am 'WOW'd!' :shock:

All the best... 8)
Look forward to talking with you more.

Jennifer Erin
jenn_iam

Postby Singular » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:11 pm

Funny how I got started. As a freshman in highschool, we had the option to take art and get out of typing. So I did. I took a drawing test and was chosen. I really didn't know what I was doing back then and really didn't find myself until late college. It just all of a sudden came to me. I started to "see" and understand what I wanted to do on a canvas and the ideas just began to pour out. That is when I decided that art was going to be a very important part of my life and has been ever since.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28

Postby jenn_iam » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:19 pm

Truly a moment where the door of opportunity opened... and once inside.. things just CLICKED.. wasn't it??

That is Awesome!! 8)

Jennifer Erin
jenn_iam

Postby johnwalkeasy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:24 pm

I droped out of school at 16. Went to work in a metal shop. Could not read or write very well. But was good with numbers. Took well to doing metal work. Met a girl, got married, got drafted into the army. After the army went back into metal work. Over the next ten years had a couple of sons. At age 29 had never give a single thought to art. Then one day out with a friend. For no reason, stop and went in an art gallery that had metal work. Walk in the door in one frame of mind. Walk out with a new frame of mind. That was 30 years ago.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby oilpainter » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:15 pm

I dont know -- Ive always loved art. ILoved it in school. My mother used to
ing me art books when I was young to look at. But really I didnt start painting until I was in my early 20s and had a house and no money to put art on the walls so I decided to make it myself.
oilpainter

Postby KGregory » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:56 pm

My aunt was (is) an oil painter / art teacher, her daughter became an illustrator. A few of my cousins and I are all into photography! It's funny because we didn't even grow up near each other... I think its in our blood.

My dad was also great at exposing me to art history books... and the small town I grew up in is so beautiful - right on Lake Michigan - that nature was always my inspiration!
KGregory

Postby Inspiring Beyond » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:46 pm

Art has been a part of me all my life. My mother had a flair for sketching as did my older
other. The artistic creativity passed through my veins and into my children. I was not fortunate to study the arts, but I encouraged my children to do so and that has been a joy! I love all types of mediums and I have tried my hand at many. My sons are now teaching me the fundamentals in computer graphics and drawing to improve my level of work. But I think most of all I love working with arcylics. I love putting my thoughts and feelings onto the canvas. It allows me to express myself freely without being censored. To have someone look at my work and know just what I am thinking without even providing my thoughts is truly awesome.
Inspiring Beyond

Postby djuric » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:21 pm

My parents told me that they realized I was gifted when I was in the kindergarten. I must admit that after seeing the stuff I "created" back then (my parents still hold on to that crap) I really dont know how they got to that conclusion. It turned out that they were right.
Never took art seriously until I went to Dali´s museum. Im a big fan of his.
djuric

Postby pyewacket » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:46 am

I've always been artistically inclined...much to the horror of my family...since I was a science geek...so they naturally assumed when I went to college I'd emerge a female Einstien...I still do love the sciences but I always knew the arts were my passion, what made sense to me..and what I wanted to do...and I've dabbled in all...painting, dance, music, singing, writing..photography...and yes, acting as well....I created a short poem that kind of explains it all...it's not great genius...but

My creativity is my passion and desire
It fills my life and soul like flames of fire.....

that about says it for me....
~~All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us~~ Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
pyewacket

Return to Shoot The Breeze