A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The Twice

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

The Twice

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:40 pm

Dam it. I had to go find a name and knock myseft off the internet. Now I.ll have to type all of that again. Let me start for the 2nd time. Perhaps I have talked about the twice before. Maybe twice before. I don,t remenber. But the twice is somthing that has happen with me for about the last 20 years or so. But I,ll talk about that in my 2nd entre to this post. Frist I want to talk about two other things. Number one. I would like to hear from others about strange things that have happen in your life. I think that,s a interesting thing to talk about. Number two. I would like to talk about somthing that has happened with me. And find out what others think about it. This is what has happen. For a few weeks I.ve been dealing with some unhappy events. Because of these events I have to be at a certain place on a certain date. Sept. 30, Also in the last couple of days I have found out about and have tryed to contact a certain Art gallery. The name of the art gallery is Savvy Snoot. Also today I was thinking about a boy I new back in th 1960s. And the fact he was 5'3". Last night I found a movie by chance on t.v. about Truman Capote. A man I knew little about and never cared to know much about. After I wacth the movie I became interested in Truman Capote. So I went to the internet to see what I could find out about him. I read a lot about this man. And I'll be going back to read over what I have read. And will read some more. Here,s what I have found out so far. He was born on Sept. 30. He called his annt Snoot. And he was 5'3'.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:45 pm

On 2nd thought, I,ll talk about the twice now. Who knows what the next day
ings. The twice is a simple thing. Maybe it happens to everybody. Don,t know. To me it,s happen a number of times over the last 20 years or so. It,s when somthing that never has happend. And it,s also been a word I,ve never heard. Will happen twice in the same day. And usely with in an hour. I,ll give a few exzamples. One day I walk into a big store. At the check out counter. The girl said the dollors and cents for what I was buying. I had the change in my hand trying to count it out. She reach in my hand and took out the right change. About 10 mins later. I walked into another smaller store to by a coke. The man told me the price. I was holding my hand up trying again to count out the change. He reach into my hand and took out the right change. That was the twice. There have been anumber of times this kind of thing has happen. Some of them very strange. I will perhaps tell those stories at another time. Never did put any meaning in these events. I will say this. In 40 years I,ve never said to Gloria, I love you. I hope that a man is remenbered more for what he has done than for what he has said. Or not said. And I man enought to type this at least. I love all you people.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:21 pm

Oh, John, Sept.30 doesn't sound good. You'll be in my thoughts. It's never too late to say I love you to Gloria. You're a good man.
Erika Takacs

Postby krysta11 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:04 pm

johnwalkeasy wrote:On 2nd thought, I,ll talk about the twice now. Who knows what the next day
ings. The twice is a simple thing. Maybe it happens to everybody. Don,t know. To me it,s happen a number of times over the last 20 years or so. It,s when somthing that never has happend. And it,s also been a word I,ve never heard. Will happen twice in the same day. And usely with in an hour. I,ll give a few exzamples. One day I walk into a big store. At the check out counter. The girl said the dollors and cents for what I was buying. I had the change in my hand trying to count it out. She reach in my hand and took out the right change. About 10 mins later. I walked into another smaller store to by a coke. The man told me the price. I was holding my hand up trying again to count out the change. He reach into my hand and took out the right change. That was the twice. There have been anumber of times this kind of thing has happen. Some of them very strange. I will perhaps tell those stories at another time. Never did put any meaning in these events. I will say this. In 40 years I,ve never said to Gloria, I love you. I hope that a man is remenbered more for what he has done than for what he has said. Or not said. And I man enought to type this at least. I love all you people.

Hello John,

I love to read your stories. And don't worry, Gloria knows you love her. Just saying "I love you" doesn't mean much. The most important is , that you are 40 years together for each other. For me it is devotion and love. I am with my my husband also 40 years and for all these years I am divorcing him :lol: but still together. I think there is some connection, attachment between us which holds us together like opposite fields of magnet. We love you too John! Big hug to you and Gloria.

John many strange things had happen in my life. One day I will write my stories too.
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Menolly » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:24 pm

I know what you're talking about with 'the twice', in a fashion. There's been this recurring tendency, when I learn something new - a new word, concept, book, etc. - to have it show up within a week on Jeopardy or in the paper. For example, I learned the word 'fjord' playing a word game... two days later, it was the answer to a Jeopardy question. I read something in my psychology textbook that piqued my curiosity, like cognitive neuroscience or something, and within a week there's an article on MSN or CNN about it. Not sure if that's quite what you're describing, but pretty close, I think.
Menolly

Postby SPARTAN » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:49 pm

Hey this is weird,while I was reading your story my wife walked in and said
"have you thought about what you would like me to buy you for your birthday?"
My birthday happens to be SEPT 30......spooky.
SPARTAN

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:40 pm

John, I was thinking of the twice, that would be a great subject for you to paint.
It
ings up something I find strange and belive in. I believe there's an exact replica of each of us somewhere on this earth. I remember seeing on more than one occasion two different people in two different parts of the world that looked exactly the same externally. Can you imagine if they met one day by accident?
Erika Takacs

Postby SPARTAN » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:43 am

Erika Takacs wrote:John, I was thinking of the twice, that would be a great subject for you to paint.
It
ings up something I find strange and belive in. I believe there's an exact replica of each of us somewhere on this earth. I remember seeing on more than one occasion two different people in two different parts of the world that looked exactly the same externally. Can you imagine if they met one day by accident?

THEY ARE CALLED "DOPELGANGERS".
ITS BELIEVED IF YOU MEET YOUR DOPELGANGER THEN YOU WILL DIE
AS THE TWO OF YOU CANT OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE.

READ THAT SOMEWHERE....CANT REMEMBER WERE.
SPARTAN

Postby Erika Takacs » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:14 pm

You scared me a little, Derek, so I looked up what doppelganger was about. It seems to be about seeing visions of yourself or other living persons, or seeing someone in the mirror. Goethe and Franklin had a few of these episodes, and like you said, it means bad omen.

I was talking about lookalikes. I found it very funny that Charlie Chaplin took part once in Chaplin lookalike contest, and won third place!! :lol:
Erika Takacs

Return to Shoot The Breeze