A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Fantastic News!!!!

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Fantastic News!!!!

Postby xxbreezy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:52 am

I got an email today that I....MADE IT INTO THE FINAL COMPETITION...for the art competition I entered "Fruits Of Passion" into!!!! The final judging is tomorrow night at 8 pm. I was so excited just had to share it with all of you!!! This is my first competition so just making it into the finals made my day!!!
xxbreezy

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby gmoulton » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Congrats!!
gmoulton

Postby johnwalkeasy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:29 pm

No suprize to me, I knew you would do well.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby krysta11 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:39 pm

I am very happy for you Linda! I knew you will be a top -one. Big hugs . Your fruits are really beautifully done and you deserved to be chosen.
Thank you for sharing good news with us.
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby william » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:30 pm

Awesome!!!!!!!!! Congrats and good luck..... :D
william

Postby BAReam » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:23 pm

Way to go kid!! I'm pullin for ya!!
Bruce
BAReam

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:07 am

Thanks everyone for all your support!!!! Its good to hear that you all thought I had a chance. I'm always told I am my worst critic so hearing good things about my artwork helps with that "fault". My husband and I are going tonight for the final judging ....with fingers crossed!!! But....I actually feel blessed getting this far. Thanks to all of you again!!!
xxbreezy

RESULTS OF COMPETITION

Postby xxbreezy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:00 am

Well...I didn't walk away with any money but I feel for my first competition I did pretty good. There were a total of 40 entries and 26 got juried into the final judging. As I said, I was one of them. There were many beautiful pieces of artwork from colored pencil paintings to wire art. They gave prize money for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Peoples Choice. They had added 3 honorable mentions (no cash prizes for this) at the last minute. The judge told us how he chose what he had chose which was very fair. He looked at each piece individually and from different angles (such as perspective, what medium was used and how you applied it to your paper, canvas, etc... ) They read off the list of the higher qualifiers that just didn't finish in the "money"so to speak. I came in 3rd in the Peoples Choice and if using that "point system", I came in 9th overall!!! I feel really good about this!! Everyone likes to say "..I finished in the top 3!!", but I feel I still walked away a winner!! My artwork will be displayed at the gallery thru September with the hopes it may sell!! All in all just a great experience!!
xxbreezy

Postby william » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:51 am

You have the right attitude for this. You should feel like a winner. Getting that far in these competitions is hard and credible enough....That, and your work is being shown to the public, and in the end, the showing is more important.

Besides, imagine if your piece sells before the "1st Place" piece :twisted: . Sorry that's the devil in me, again once you get to know me......... Hope I didn't offend...

You'll get them next time xx
eezy.
william

coongrats xxbreezy

Postby Harmonygirl » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Congratulations for taking that first step. I am working my way to entering my first competition as well and reading your words makes me feel better about entering. Thanks for sharing the experience and keep on challenging yourself like that. Great job!!!!!! :!:
Harmonygirl

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:20 am

Glad I could help ease your way into the "unknown", for lack of a better word. The good thing about this event for me is that the Gallery that held the competition is keeping the artwork that was juried in another month!! That event has prompted two local magazines to pick up the story and not sure how pieces will actually be shown. Just the exposure will be great and my piece may still sell!!! Best of luck to you!!!
xxbreezy

Congratulations

Postby pehiatt » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:33 am

Congratulations all the way around. Good go. When is your next show?
pehiatt

Postby xxbreezy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:39 am

Not sure when I will enter the next one. Still looking around to see whats out there locally. Once I find one that I'm comfortable with, then there's deciding if I will enter an already completed piece or do something new. So....I'm sure time will be a factor there especially if there is something specific they are looking for. Thanks for the inquiry pehiatt and I'll keep ya' posted!!!!
xxbreezy