A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

MUSIC

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Music... yaah!

Postby BAReam » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:41 pm

You have an interesting play list to be sure... very eclectic :) .. myself, I'm very partial to The Moody Blues, The Doors (
eak on through) (LA Woman);
Muddy Waters, Miles Davis and last but definately not least Emerson Lake and Palmer (almost every track).. Have a great one and rock on :D

the best.... BAReam
User avatar
BAReam
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Iowa--USA

Physical Grafiti

Postby BAReam » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:11 pm

After considerable ( or not) :twisted: consideration I would have to say Led Zeppelin's {Physical Grafiti ;entire} has to be one of my all-time favorites.. along with Carlos Santana's {All That I Am}. But honestly I enjoy almost everything except the old "cryin in my beer" Country/Country western, Rap, and teeth jarring/head banging stuff.... they all tend to drive me to psychosis :twisted:

I feel the old "Ball & Chain" coming on; as in Janis Joplin... BAReam
User avatar
BAReam
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Iowa--USA

Postby skenyon » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:58 pm

i dont always listen to music when i paint.
when i painted in my college's studio there was always something playing

ive been playing guitar for 11 years
and ive been play live for almost 5

so i can be a bit picky sometimes,

but i love black metal, death metal, and the really heavy stuff.
but i respect all the others, hahaha, well most of the other stuff.

the black/death metal can get you in a pretty deep and dark mood... if thats what you are lookn for, i can refer you some songs or artists to take a listen to.
User avatar
skenyon
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:58 pm
Location: Butler Pennsylvania
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby BAReam » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Thanks for the offer Skenyon, but I think I'll pass for now... tend to be gothic enough as it is (so I'm told by some) ... and at 60 yrs. old ; that ain't pretty :P

have a great one... BAReam
User avatar
BAReam
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:05 pm
Location: Iowa--USA

Postby MortiferaM » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:07 pm

skenyon wrote:i dont always listen to music when i paint.
when i painted in my college's studio there was always something playing

ive been playing guitar for 11 years
and ive been play live for almost 5

so i can be a bit picky sometimes,

but i love black metal, death metal, and the really heavy stuff.
but i respect all the others, hahaha, well most of the other stuff.

the black/death metal can get you in a pretty deep and dark mood... if thats what you are lookn for, i can refer you some songs or artists to take a listen to.


Black metal is my choice as well. But I'm also into doom, doom is great. Not too into the death scene, although i used to be a couple years back. I was looking through this topic hoping to see black metal haha. Yesss.
MortiferaM
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:43 pm

Postby skenyon » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Awsome! i thought i may be the only one!

i will send u a message
User avatar
skenyon
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:58 pm
Location: Butler Pennsylvania
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby glomski777 » Mon May 12, 2008 12:56 pm

It depends on my mood, but lately it's been my favorite band Porcupine Tree, they are a prog rock band and kick ***! I like to listen to soundscapes too, and classical sometimes. I need to listen to something really complex with lots of texture.
glomski777
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 10:47 am
Location: Minnesota
Gallery: View Gallery

Music

Postby nigelartist » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:47 am

When painting I usually have something 'heavy' on like Beethoven or Cradle Of Filth.

Or my fave band ever 'Depeche Mode'.

Sometimes when in narcissistic mood I play my own 'unplugged' music. It always rains after that...!

Fave composer Mozart
Fave opera Marriage Of Figaro
Fave aria Voi Che Sapete (You who know what love is)
Fave singer Frederica Von Stade (Mezzo Soprano)
nigelartist
 

Re: Music

Postby Dib » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:34 pm

nigelartist wrote:When painting I usually have something 'heavy' on like Beethoven or Cradle Of Filth.

Or my fave band ever 'Depeche Mode'.

Sometimes when in narcissistic mood I play my own 'unplugged' music. It always rains after that...!

Fave composer Mozart
Fave opera Marriage Of Figaro
Fave aria Voi Che Sapete (You who know what love is)
Fave singer Frederica Von Stade (Mezzo Soprano)


Cradle of Filth is fun to paint too...

I am drawn more to Industral music when I am painting. Skinny Puppy is the best imo, as with some of Nine Inch Nails older stuff.

The best for me though has to be TOOL. My bigest influnce I guess you would say. Mazzy Star is good for a touch of mellowness. Really my mood dictates what I am going to do, but yeah there ya go.
User avatar
Dib
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 pm

to dib

Postby nigelartist » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:17 pm

thanks

i will check out skiny puppy and tool


thanks again.
nigelartist
 

Postby glomski777 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:17 pm

skenyon wrote:
but i love black metal, death metal, and the really heavy stuff.
but i respect all the others, hahaha, well most of the other stuff.

the black/death metal can get you in a pretty deep and dark mood... if thats what you are lookn for, i can refer you some songs or artists to take a listen to.



Have you heard of Opeth? If not you should check em out.
The mere attempt to examine my own confusion would consume volumes.
glomski777
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 10:47 am
Location: Minnesota
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: to dib

Postby Dib » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:20 am

nigelartist wrote:thanks

i will check out skiny puppy and tool


thanks again.


Hope you enjoy.

Opeth rocks! I so missed seeing them a while back. I was a sad panda.

Arch Enemy puts on a killer show and is pretty cool too. I think I like Opeth better though.
User avatar
Dib
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Postby skenyon » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:44 pm

i own every opeth cd
im pleased to see more fans
User avatar
skenyon
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:58 pm
Location: Butler Pennsylvania
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Music

Postby nigelartist » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:50 pm

Dib wrote:
nigelartist wrote:When painting I usually have something 'heavy' on like Beethoven or Cradle Of Filth.

Or my fave band ever 'Depeche Mode'.

Sometimes when in narcissistic mood I play my own 'unplugged' music. It always rains after that...!

Fave composer Mozart
Fave opera Marriage Of Figaro
Fave aria Voi Che Sapete (You who know what love is)
Fave singer Frederica Von Stade (Mezzo Soprano)


Cradle of Filth is fun to paint too...

I am drawn more to Industral music when I am painting. Skinny Puppy is the best imo, as with some of Nine Inch Nails older stuff.

The best for me though has to be TOOL. My bigest influnce I guess you would say. Mazzy Star is good for a touch of mellowness. Really my mood dictates what I am going to do, but yeah there ya go.



Thanks very much.

I've been watching TOOL on you tube...ace.

I really love 'Sober' especially the live version where the singer is wearing a pink romper suit.

The music is heavy and I love his singing.

I like A Perfect Circle too.

Will listen to Opeth.

Thanks.
nigelartist
 

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:56 pm

There are quite a few samples of of Enya's beautiful music on her website:

http://www.enya.com/videos.php?vid=i
Erika Takacs
 
Posts: 2998
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby weirdpuckett » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:15 am

This post has actually made me realize why my work suffers the way it does....I realized that when I paint,I'm not listening to music...I'm watching t.v!!!!I will start to wean myself off of t.v. by flipping the cable box to "arena rock"...then..move on to radio.....thx mike
User avatar
weirdpuckett
 
Posts: 735
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:27 pm
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby arlynnhr » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:27 pm

Well, I don't always listen to music while I paint, but when I do I like ethnic music (also called World Music). I like the Putumayo series of arabian music best.

www.putumayo.com

I also like Creed, Era, Enya, Gregorian Chants, and Enigma when painting. I don't like heavy stuff much...
arlynnhr
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:12 pm
Location: San José, Costa Rica
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby arlynnhr » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:38 pm

There are quite a few samples of of Enya's beautiful music on her website:

http://www.enya.com/videos.php?vid=i


Thanks!!! These are great! :D
arlynnhr
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:12 pm
Location: San José, Costa Rica
Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:26 pm

Arlyn, I listened to some of the world music, thanks for the link, I saved it.
Do you know Deep Forest? You might like their style, it's inspired by world music. I never listen to music when I work, silence is best. :)
Erika Takacs
 
Posts: 2998
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Postby arlynnhr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:21 am

Arlyn, I listened to some of the world music, thanks for the link, I saved it.
Do you know Deep Forest? You might like their style, it's inspired by world music. I never listen to music when I work, silence is best.


I'm glad you liked it! No, I haven't heard about Deep Forest...I'll investigate more about them. You're right sometimes silence is best, but unfortunately having my "studio" in the living room doesn't help much! :lol: When somebody quits watching t.v. I either put on some music or keep quiet...
arlynnhr
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:12 pm
Location: San José, Costa Rica
Gallery: View Gallery

PreviousNext

  • Similar topics
    Replies
    Views
    Author

Return to Shoot The Breeze

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron