A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

MUSIC

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby beautifulbay » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:47 pm

When I'm working I prefer quiet though.

I can be that way a lot too. Sometimes sound just ends up distracting me and I have to keep everything quiet.
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
CREATE~ Lose yourself in your own world ~ Just do it because you love it!
beautifulbay

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby saphyre » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 pm

I like to listen to soundscapes channel mostly when I do work, but sometimes I'll listen to H.I.M. or to AFI, Evanesence. They really speak to me lyric and music wise. but the song I keep playing over and over right now is Funeral of hearts by HIM. Great great song.
In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustable. ~the Dhammapada
saphyre

Enya

Postby Carmelo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:51 pm

I'm way into Eyna Erika, lately I've been into native american flute music played by Evan Ozan, and others. Also trying to find some music by a group, "Faun" I believe they are into a German style of Medieval folk rock. Wagner is good in the instrumental realm and Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber.
Carmelo

Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Enya

Postby saphyre » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:51 pm

Carmelo wrote:I'm way into Eyna Erika, lately I've been into native american flute music played by Evan Ozan, and others.

I love this music, so relaxing and moving.
In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustable. ~the Dhammapada
saphyre

Postby beautifulbay » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:34 am

I'm not sure of what Enya is...My husband enjoys listening to the Native American flutes though, things like that are enjoyable....very relaxing. Makes you want to sink into a warm bathtub full of bubbles and lock the door.
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
CREATE~ Lose yourself in your own world ~ Just do it because you love it!
beautifulbay

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:51 am

Enya I think is the best selling female singer of all time. I'm sure you heard her some of her songs before. Her music is heavily influenced by traditional Celtic music, but it's still contemporary. She's done numerous sondtracks (the haunting music of Lord of the Rings), her most popular songs include 'Sail Away', 'Orinoco Flow', 'Only Time' t oname a few. Her website lists some samples; check out the Music Room.
http://www.enya.com/
Erika Takacs

Enya's castle

Postby Carmelo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:16 pm

Just did a tour of Enya's castle E, thanks.
Carmelo

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Laura D » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:25 pm

Oh, so many artists, so little time. I love most music but my absolute favorite piece is "Homecoming" by Accoustic Alchemy.

2AM by Anna Nalick has been running through my head a lot lately, I think because it is such a challenging song. Bobby McFerrin finds his way in there quite a bit too: "Baby" and "Freedom is a Voice" mostly. Of course "Lullaby" by Amy White/Al Petteway is one my head uses to sing me to sleep every night... a special one for me and my daughter.

Enya is also a favorite of mine for working. Vivaldi sometimes... various celtic music every once in a while... Accoustic Alchemy gets the most air time in the studio though.
Laura Dicus
http://www.laura-art.com
Comments and critiques are very welcome!
Laura D

Postby DrSirDrawsALot » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:51 pm

Well, it depends on my mood. I listen to metal (which, it might drive me nuts if I am drawing certain things that stress me out), or I'm listening to rap, some softer rock songs, or maybe techno or classical. It depends.

The only time I can't listen to a certian thing is if I am drawing a guy form a band and then listening to the same band he is in. I can't do that. Such as, if I am drawing Ozzy Osbourne, I cannot listen to Black Sabbath or his solo records for some reason. Otherwise, I can listen to anything else.
DrSirDrawsALot

Postby gmoulton » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:16 pm

i just picked up my sons ipod today while drawing.he has some great music,some not from his generation. pink floyd is one of my favorites to listen to while i am working, and also led zepplin. depends on the mood and what i am working on......Gwen
gmoulton

Postby candragon » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:43 pm

Hmm... Music to work to?

Personally I can't work without music and I'm also a bit of a music mongrel :wink:

At the moment I'm listening to Ministry of Sound's "Classic Trance Nation", before that was Gorillaz "Demon Days" and coming next might be Portishead "Dummy" or maybe Nina Simone. I love her version of "Mr Bojangles" :)

I agree with DrSirDrawsALot - my choice in what I listen to depends on the mood I'm in. And it can also affect my work. I was listening to Demon Days when I painted Dragon Head... take from that what you will :shock:
candragon

Postby SPARTAN » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:03 pm

JUST WONDERIN' IF YOUR A TOLKIEN FAN CANDRAGON?
SPARTAN

Postby candragon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:16 pm

I am :D

I loved both the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. I was seriously upset when they killed Smaug at the end of the hobbit. He was my favourite character!

I also read the Silmarillion which told the history of Middle Earth. It was ok... had Dragons in it but was a bit too remote for my liking.
candragon

Postby SPARTAN » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:49 pm

I THINK GOLLUM/SMEAGOL HAD TO MY FAVORITE
Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (24.81 KiB)
SPARTAN

Postby candragon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:54 pm

Cool image :D

Andy Serkis did a
illiant Gollum in the films - creepy and forlorn at the same time.
candragon

Postby SPARTAN » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:55 pm

I CAME ACROSS A BOOK A FEW YEARS AGO WITH HOBBIT/LOTR ILLUSTRATIONS (LOTS OF DRAGONS) AND I'M SURE IT WAS DONE BY TOLKIENS SON....CAN'T REMEMBER HIS NAME NOW....BUT THE PICTURES WERE FANTASTIC. SORRY I NEVER BOUGHT IT NOW COS' I HAVE N'T SEEN IT SINCE.
SPARTAN

Postby candragon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:59 pm

His name is Christopher Tolkien, I think and I would have liked to see it. I didnt know he was artistic as well.

For Tolkienesque art, I found John Howe's work is really good. He's got a website I think. Brilliant Dragons.... wish I could do so well :(
candragon

Postby candragon » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:03 pm

I've just now discovered the images link at the bottom of each post! Silly me :roll:

I like your lake scene Spartan. The blue is wonderfully rich.
candragon

Postby SPARTAN » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:06 pm

FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THAT, I WAS JUST CHECKIN' OUT YOUR DRAGON HEAD.....PRETTY DARN GOOD!
SPARTAN

Postby candragon » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:33 pm

Thanks, it's one of my favourites. Wish I could get a better photo of it though. The background keeps reflecting light back into the camera and until I get a decent photoshop package, theres not much I can do about it :(

Will post more monstrous Dragons when complete :D
candragon

PreviousNext

Return to Shoot The Breeze