A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Sharing Art

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Sharing Art

Postby avlearay » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi all! I wanted to share something different with all my fellow artist, at least it's different for me. I love using mixed medium and creating abstract/contemporary pieces and I put my heart and soul into every one. This past week was very difficult for me, my Pekingese dog Smooshie passed away after 16 1/2 years. I have photographs of her since she first joined my family at 6 weeks old. I felt the need to pay a "handmade tribute" to her and drew a couple of sketches with charcoal. She will be forever in my heart, and I wanted to share my sketches with you.

Lea
Attachments
Smooshie in Charcoal.JPG
Smooshie in Charcoal.JPG (29.45 KiB)
Smooshie in Charcoal #3.JPG
Smooshie in Charcoal #3.JPG (22 KiB)
avlearay

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:00 pm

Sorry to hear that, Lea. You can tell he was very special to you by looking at the drawing. Maybe you should turn it into a painting. I'm sure Smooshie would be very happy with this one. Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby Singular » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:06 pm

Lea,
I am very sorry for your loss. I know that can be a tough thing to go through. Smooshie sure was a cutie.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Sharing Art

Postby avlearay » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:17 pm

Thank you both for your kind words. I do miss Smooshie very much! I've never painted an animal before, but perhaps I will try one of Smooshie when I get back to myself a little more.

Thanks again,

Lea
avlearay

Postby johnwalkeasy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:59 pm

Nice sketches. I also have lost pets. They never really go away. They are family. I have two small dogs now. They will capture your heart. I think a painting of her is a good idea.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Sharing Art

Postby avlearay » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:34 pm

Hi John.

Thanks for the kind words. You are absolutely right about my dog being family. She was my "first baby", I raised her since she was 6 weeks old and had her before my children were born. The house seems so empty with out her here. A painting sounds like another great way to honor her memory.

Lea
avlearay

Return to Just Showing