A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Re-Post Tropical Cove

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Re-Post Tropical Cove

Postby xxbreezy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:10 pm

I made a couple of adjustments to Tropical Cove. There were just a couple things that seemed "off". I think this is better and the image is somewhat
ighter also. Comments always welcomed!!!
Thanks
Linda
Attachments
Copy of HPIM4660.jpg
Copy of HPIM4660.jpg (90.86 KiB)
xxbreezy

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Ted » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:34 pm

It has been awhile since i have been here but i wanted to return to my community.I think you have got more work to do.This is a great piece but,it feels like everything has the same value in tones.there needs to be alot of darker shades to
ing out the depth to this piece just get some darker tones in there and dont be afraid to just get them in there neet either i would give it a overhaul with deep tones and i think you will be surprized with the results also.After that just take a simple line
ush with some
ight shade of color that sugest a highlight here and there,just a simple single stroke with the direction of your light source this will give a real effect in your work.
Ted

Postby xxbreezy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:45 am

Hi Ted,
Thanks for some great suggestions and glad to see you back. I didn't know you before but glad you found your way back. This is a pastel sketch...FYI. I have already made some adjustments and may go back and make some more after reading your post. Will take a look at it because "in person" theres more to this sketch than what you see here. Just wouldn't want to overwork it either. Thanks a bunch!!!
Linda
xxbreezy

Postby saphyre » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:21 am

Did you do another piece like this a while back? I'm having deja'vu with the trees, but thats not a bad thing. I can't wait to see how you rework the foilage it can only get better and the fact that this is in pastel is impressive. I love pastel work, messy, fun and gorgeous.
In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustable. ~the Dhammapada
saphyre

Postby xxbreezy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:48 pm

saphyre wrote:Did you do another piece like this a while back? I'm having deja'vu with the trees, but thats not a bad thing. I can't wait to see how you rework the foilage it can only get better and the fact that this is in pastel is impressive. I love pastel work, messy, fun and gorgeous.

Hi Saphyre,
There was one other beach one that I did that had foliage in the front but not near as many flowers in the front. Thats probably the one you are thinking of. I really appreciate you commenting. Will re-post again after I have time to rework this some.
Linda
xxbreezy

About Re-touches on this sketch

Postby xxbreezy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:19 pm

Alot has been going on here and in the middle of all that....I got a flu bug!!! YUK!!! Hopefully in the next week or two, I can get back on Tropical Cove and make some adjustments and will repost when its done. I really want to do this and am anxious but until I'm over this flu and all my visitors come and go from Ohio, and we have several thru the month of July, I probably won't get a chance. Hang in there with me OK?
Thanks a bunch you guys you all have been great!!!
Linda
xxbreezy

Postby bergina » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi Linda,
I think you did a great job on this. The softness of your back drop is typical of your work but what I find a bit different is the attention to the foreground as you have included stronger color tones. This has created much depth in the painting.
I also like the balance. Though your foreground includes an equal number of palm trees, ‘2 on each side’, their positioning is such that they work very well to compliment the work. I think this is one of your one of your best painting.
Al
bergina

Postby xxbreezy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:45 am

Thanks you so much Al!! I always appreciate your input and when you give me such compliments I feel well accomplished!!!
Linda
xxbreezy

Postby BYart » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:13 pm

Hi Linda!
Glad you are feeling better now(?).
I know you said you have made adjustments and look forward to seeing the updates as I'm sure it will be wonderful.
I would agree with using a bit darker value to the foreground foliage...kind of like what you have on the Palms in technique. I think it would give the foreground more depth and therefore more prominence.
Look forward to anything you decide, as these are only suggestions. :wink:
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby xxbreezy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:02 am

BYart wrote:Hi Linda!
Glad you are feeling better now(?).
I know you said you have made adjustments and look forward to seeing the updates as I'm sure it will be wonderful.
I would agree with using a bit darker value to the foreground foliage...kind of like what you have on the Palms in technique. I think it would give the foreground more depth and therefore more prominence.
Look forward to anything you decide, as these are only suggestions. :wink:

Hi Byart
Thanks for commenting and I am feeling better but now we are all passing around a summer cold.....go figure!!! LOL....just to busy to be sick!!! But I haven't had time to get back and add some shadows in the foreground but that is my intent. Since its really just for my to hang in my bedroom, I may just leave as is. I did buy some acrylics yesterday to give my hand a try at painting again. Haven't used those before so it will be trial and error....lol!! Should be interesting!!! Take care and thanks a bunch!!
Linda
xxbreezy