A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

"The Ghost of St. Elizabeth"

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

"The Ghost of St. Elizabeth"

Postby Satanta » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Shot this a couple of years ago. It was the ruins of a church up in the mountains. Back and right side were collapsed into the basement. Photoed a Frsco and an old chandeliers-had planned to go back and salvage those and the steeple but it was bulldozed only two weeks before my trip back.

Now it is just a ghost.

Did a lot of work in CG to really make the image stand out it is basically a B?W oversaturated the doors/windows and some tones. On metallic photo paper it is exquisite and one of my most ordered items from my site for Christmas.
Attachments
churchSnow.jpg
"In the frozen wastes you may find a place to shelter.
Pray it is not a ghost, that you hide in.
Or to this world you may never return..."
churchSnow.jpg (173.59 KiB)
Satanta

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:40 pm

This photo is a gem. A rare kind of image. The dark colored wooded church with the soft light in the windows in the snow. And the snow on the tree limds that weight them down. Was it by chance that you were there that day.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Satanta » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:46 am

Not exactly-I was there first in September of '05 and got some nice shots-very dark and foreboding but nothing spectacular. Went back in Jan of '07 and spent a month photoing in the mountains of that area [N.E. Pa.] one eve on the way back 'home' [friend's place] I asked to stop there since it had been lightly snowing for a couple of days and there it was.

I try never to only photo something once and in one weather as weather changes everything as does the lighting and season. Drives my friends/family crzy [or used to until they se the work]]

"Why are you taking pictures of THAT again-you have 20 pictures already!" :roll:
Mankinds first localized human disaster area

http://www.chronart.com
Satanta

Postby kcortese » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:40 pm

You have a very good eye for perfect shots. I'd like to see more of your work.

Karen
kcortese

Return to Just Showing