A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Latest painting ( 3 Dory's)

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Latest painting ( 3 Dory's)

Postby bergina » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:07 pm

I have always had an attraction to the floating dory so this project was fun but very challenging.
Attachments
Dory # 10.jpg
Dory # 10.jpg (120.62 KiB)
bergina

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:16 pm

This work really captures the feel of a lake and peaefulness. A feeling of childern playing. And folks takeing some relaxful time together. Also the the painting itseft is very skillfully done. The colors and details are very good.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby bergina » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:00 pm

Johnwalkeasy, You have an uncanny perception of this work. Thanks so much for your nice compliments .
Al
bergina

Postby krysta11 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:33 pm

Hello Al,

I absolutelly agree with John. This painting catches my eye.

krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby bergina » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:13 am

Thanks Krystall
Al
bergina

Postby rips10 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:20 am

It is a very skillful work but to me it rather likes photographs than a painting.Any way it is your style.Good job.Best luck
rips10

Postby xxbreezy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Beautifully done Al. Love the colors and great job on the reflection. Has a nice, quiet, content mood to it. Great work!!
xxbreezy

Postby canvas15 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 am

Beautiful! It is an eye catcher! It has been done so well it looks as if it is real! Excellent work! :D
canvas15

Postby bergina » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:16 pm

Canvas 15, Linda and Crystall, Rips10
Thanks so much for your positive response but more important to me, you all taking the time to send me a comment.
Al
bergina

Postby weirdpuckett » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:16 am

Makes me feel like I'm there.I marvel at the skill..well done!
weirdpuckett

Postby bergina » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks Wierdpuckett,
Actually I think it’s about 10% skill and 90% “do it over until it looks right” kind of deal. As a viewer I'm interested in many forms of art but as a painter, realism is the only way to go for me.
Al
Last edited by bergina on Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bergina

Postby kcortese » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Once again, I can't believe my eyes!!!

You just blow me away every time I look at your work! I swear this is a photo, such perfection with every detail! Your work should be protected in a museum. Are they???

Fanstastic!!!

Karen
Last edited by kcortese on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kcortese

Postby bergina » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Karen,
Thanks for the nice compliment.
The only museum my works are under is our bed and for the longest time the dog was sleeping on them, but we love the dog and no harm done as they are always well wrapped up. Some of my work is shown through two very nice galleries. Our house is full and as I said, under the bed is a major storage area. I think I have solved the problem. I recently approached a very affluent professional corporate business, with the offer of hanging 16 of my original framed works to decorate their new complex. The offer was accepted. As opposed to hanging the traditional office decorator mass type produced art they chose my work. This was a good thing for me as I have had some serious inquiries and my art work is out there. It’s like having another gallery. This might be an option for other artists. However I do have a very good relationship with the CEO and he happens to love my art work. The biggest concern is the safety of the art which in this case, I am not worried.
Most corporate businesses hang totally disposables, but very nice, probably contemporary artwork in their offices. Hanging originals is a dicey thing, so tread lightly but in the right circumstances, great PR.
Al
bergina

Postby bpier » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:14 am

Very skifully done Al. I can feel the calmness of the lake as the sunlight sparkles atop the water.
bpier

Postby canvasdezign » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:50 am

hello bergina the painting is very beautiful awesome. its looking like a photograph rather than a painting difficult to believe that its been made by hand.
canvasdezign

Postby kcortese » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:37 am

If the CEO gets an offer, will they contact you about the sale? And also, how will the painting get replaced if damaged in some way. Are they insured? Do you have a value for each one? Do you ever check on them to make sure they are still there?

I left a painting at an office as a sample of my work to get customers. When I went to pick up the painting, it was gone. And nobody knew where it went. It was a loss to me, and I was very angry. I even gave them a few choice words which wasn't very nice. I never did that again!

Hope that doesn't happen to you.

Your under the bed vault sounds good until a gallery showing.
kcortese

Postby bergina » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:08 pm

Thanks Canvasdezign. Your comments are much appreciated.
Kcortese,
All your questions are very valid. I have never hung my originals anywhere except my home and in a well established gallery. As previously mentioned, I know the company employees and CEO. Their Boardroom meeting table is worth more than my car. They are well aware of the value of my original art work. As far as insurance, never asked and if something is stolen well, deal with it then. This is definitely not good business practices but I do trust these people. My goal was never to sell my original paintings. This would be a burden on them as they are not in the selling art business. It was just a way to get my original work out in the public in a safe format. This company also attracts high end clients which could be good for me.
What I want is representation in several high end galleries where the owners are honest, will work to promote my art and treat me fairly. I on the other hand, have to continue to produce hopefully quality art work. I would say a bit of pressure on both ends. I do have this opportunity in 2009 and have been invited to show in one of the most prestigious galleries in our province so selling one of my works now without gallery representation regardless of the price would be really counter productive.
I have also learned some hard lessons concerning hanging my Limited edition framed prints at local business, with the intention of attracting some print sales. This has never worked out well for me. I have hung the in Dentist offices, yaute club, li
ary, Schools and other places. Based on my personal experience only, never do this as they could care less aside from the fact that something nice is hanging on their wall and they didn’t pay for it. The problem is that the frames get damage and once this happens you have to re-frame.
Bottom line; Tread very carefully where you hang your art work.
From the school of hard knocks,
Al
Last edited by bergina on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bergina

Postby bergina » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Thanks Bpier,
A positive comment from a painter as skillful as yourself is much apreciated,
Al
bergina

Postby kcortese » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:37 am

I wish you the best of luck for 2009.

And I HAVE learned the hard way about hanging originals, I agree with you 100%.
kcortese

Postby xxbreezy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:38 am

I had to come back and look at this painting Al. Mainly because I was looking at the water and the techique you used in painting it. We all seem to struggle with water movement etc... and it captivates me to see what you've done with it here. Could you give us a little insite as to how you do this? I mean, I usually tend to lead towards more longer lines and less color than you do and I feel my way is not necessarily the correct method. Do you start with a darker color and add your splashes of light blue and white, etc...? Its just such a captivating piece and much is to be learned from it. I personally appreciate you posting such stunning work and appreciate any insite you give as to style and technique.
Linda
xxbreezy

Next