A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Tiger Drawing - chinese style

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Tiger Drawing - chinese style

Postby Halleck » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Color Pencils
on 32"x40" illustration board

"Hua Zhang" is written in ancient Chinese characters which was used to depict the aesthetics of a tiger; Hua, emphasizing the stripes.
Attachments
Hua Zhang.JPG
Hua Zhang.JPG (138.1 KiB)
Last edited by Halleck on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let us unleash what dwells within.
Halleck

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Halleck » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:18 pm

contemplation
Attachments
Eye.bmp
Eye.bmp (82.04 KiB)
Wiskers.bmp
Wiskers.bmp (136.99 KiB)
Ear.jpg
Ear.jpg (16.13 KiB)
Halleck

Postby Halleck » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:29 pm

relative size
Attachments
Tiger Measure - Copy.JPG
Tiger Measure - Copy.JPG (49.77 KiB)
Halleck

Postby gmoulton » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:09 pm

Wow! very nice pencil work. You really know how to capture the spirit of the Tiger!
gmoulton

Postby weirdpuckett » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:34 am

Uhhhhhhh.....I'm floored!!How do I put this into words...I cant''....You are awesome at art man....!!
weirdpuckett

Postby bergina » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:08 pm

Probably among the best tiger renditions I have ever seen. You should be very proud of this work. I especially like the composition, no distractions from the backdrop yet perfect color to draw the viewer directly into the tiger. I also like the visual balance created by excluding the R front leg and back L end. For me, it creates some mystery and I tend to focus even harder on what is there. I also think your eyes are very well done.
In a painting like this, you can do a phenomenal job on the body but if you fall short on the eyes, it’s over. You did an exceptional job.
Al
bergina

Postby xxbreezy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:17 am

Oh I agree with Bergina!! Absolutely one of the best I've seen!! Everything is in perfect balance and the colors are amazing!!
xxbreezy

Postby xxbreezy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:18 am

Oh I agree with Bergina!! Absolutely one of the best I've seen!! Everything is in perfect balance and the colors are amazing!!
xxbreezy

Postby rips10 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:27 am

Wow is it a pencil work! I am so happy to see such drawing of our (Bangladeshi)national animal(Royal Bengal Tiger).Bravo! It is really a very good peice of art work.
rips10

Outstanding

Postby pehiatt » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Outstanding work. You have the touch and the eye.
pehiatt

Postby krysta11 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:32 pm

I am also very amazed with your tiger. Wow!
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby bergina » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:29 pm

Halleck,
I previously stated that you should be proud of your work. This comment was backed up by other very acomplished artists as well.
Just in case you are unaware, whenever you get a positive comment from a guy named Pehiatt, you take notice as his art work, professionalism and knowledge is second to none, well of course except for mine (just kidding here). Seriously, he is the real deal so take notice. Of course you know that you have set your bar very high. We will be looking in anticipation for your next piece, no pressure there right!
I hope you tackle a personally very challenging assignment and I’ll explain why. I am at the present working on a painting project and it’s not going very well at all. Due to some personal physical issue, I haven’t been able to paint in over 7 months but I’m now trying to give it a shot but there is not much fun happening. I will never give up as I am a painter but I am completely stuck, can’t seem to figure things out, draw as I use to or more importantly, mix the right colors, Darn? I am a realistic painter so these elements are kind of important. However I believe the divine spirit/ ultimate creator/ God / is always looking out for me. Without a doubt, things, people, cirmstances etc, will be put in my path to help me through, even these current art issues. My challenge is to be able to recognize and understand when I receive this special gift. You and I both already received this gift from the people who respond to this forum. I’m sure you have been motivated and I have many times as a result of the positive and or constructive comments we have received.
I happen to read a sigh outside a church last weekend while biking through a small rural town. I bike a lot as aside from the physical benefits; it seems to occupy my body while freeing my mind to just think. This day my thoughts were on this difficult painting.
Here was the very simple message written on a church bulletin board that had so much meaning for me; I can’t remember the exact phrase but it went something like this;
“A person never becomes a Master sailor by sailing in calm waters”.
I do want to become as good as I can be at my style of painting but I will never accomplish this unless I challenge myself with the seemingly impossible. Perfect, as that’s where I am right now. I know you have the courage to do the same,
Al
Last edited by bergina on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
bergina

Postby BAReam » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Ditto to all comments... Excellent work
Bruce
BAReam