A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Lozen's Enemies-Against Ceremony

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Lozen's Enemies-Against Ceremony

Postby lorenzo » Mon May 19, 2008 11:40 am

The third of the Apache woman series.
Attachments
LOZEMSENEMIES_WEB.JPG
LOZEMSENEMIES_WEB.JPG (110.53 KiB)
lorenzo

Hello again

Postby BAReam » Mon May 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Lorenzo;

Love all three of these pieces... I think this one might be my favorite. You may know one of my best friends. He lives in Mesa AZ
{ sacredclown@hotmail.com } Rusty

all the best... Bruce
BAReam

Postby lorenzo » Mon May 19, 2008 1:16 pm

i dont recall that name? here is the story behind the painting;
Lozen, was the sister of Victorio, Chief, of the Warm Springs Apache. The only woman who for forty years fought alongside Geronimo, Cochise, Nana, Mangus, Naiche, Loco and other great warriors in some of the bloodiest incidents of the Apache Wars. She fought at the Battle of Apache Pass, in Victorio’s struggle for his homeland, in the massacre at Cibecue, and throughout the Geronimo Campaigns.
A Supernatural power bestowed on her by the Creator, Lozen would lift her arms to the sky, place her hands against the wind, and through the warm sensations of the open palms could detect the direction and distance of her enemies. As she slowly turned, singing her song while following the direction of the sun, her hands tingled and the palms changed color when they pointed toward the foe. The intensity of the sensation indicated the approximate distance of the enemy, the closer the adversary, the more vivid the feeling. She also had power to calm and tame horses by her mere presence. In her final days of freedom, under the leadership of Geronimo, she rode like the wind through the mountainous regions of Mexico pursued by and successfully evading one quarter of the United States Army. She died alone, as a prisoner of war in the state of Alabama.
lorenzo

Postby Singular » Mon May 19, 2008 1:50 pm

Another amazing painting. You are getting better each one.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Thanks Lorenzo

Postby BAReam » Mon May 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Thank you for that powerful story!! Will return a bit later.

all the best... Bruce
BAReam

Return to Just Showing