A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

"Blue Corn"

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

"Blue Corn"

Postby lorenzo » Mon May 19, 2008 11:30 am

here is another one in the Apache woman series.
Attachments
BLUECORN_WEB.JPG
BLUECORN_WEB.JPG (78.12 KiB)
lorenzo

Postby Singular » Mon May 19, 2008 1:49 pm

wonderful painting. Well done Lorenzo.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby johnwalkeasy » Mon May 19, 2008 7:46 pm

Lorenzo, The colors and detail in these works are outstanding. What kind of paint and painting surface are you useing. And what are the sizes of these works?
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lorenzo » Mon May 19, 2008 8:20 pm

John, I use Grumbacher Academy oils on Masonite board. The colors retain their vividness where I want it to remain such and the board gives me a good hard crisp edge, which helps in constrast work, backgrounds and especially in detail. I've worked on canvas for many years but I always had misginings about it until I scanned through a book on Don Crowley's work and saw a picture of him painting on board, I always wondered what it meant when it read "Oil on Board" and now I know. I will never go back to canvas it's much more satisfactory because I can buy it by bulk at Home Depot and have them cut it to my specifications. I follow that with gessoing and then sanding it to my liking.
lorenzo

Postby lorenzo » Mon May 19, 2008 8:24 pm

oops, the painting sizes ; "Apache Mother's Love is 24" x 32", "Lozens Enemies Against Ceremony" is 25" x 32", and "Blue Corn" is 23 1/8" x 24"
lorenzo

Postby xxbreezy » Wed May 21, 2008 3:38 pm

Just Fantastic!!! Do you ever professionally show your paintings? If not, you should because you are an excellent painter!!!!
xxbreezy

Postby lorenzo » Wed May 21, 2008 6:01 pm

yes i do but rarely. I will be particiopating in the 34th annual Western Art Show & Sale this Memorial Day weekend in Prescott, Arizona with many of the masters of Western Art, like Ted Blaylock, Donald Crowley, John Coleman, Fred Fellows, to name a few. I am presently having some works on display at the Frame Deco in Oro Valley near Tucson Az but I mostly try to market and show my work through my website;www.lorenzocassa.com
lorenzo

Postby BAReam » Sun May 25, 2008 9:46 am

Lorenzo

Have been looking at this painting some more and am somehow enchanted with it, aside the fact it is a fine painting.

My thoughts are that although she is lovingly preparing the corn, her thoughts are far away. Perhaps on her spiritualism, family and ancestors.

all the best... Bruce
BAReam

Postby glomski777 » Sun May 25, 2008 1:01 pm

You have a gift!
The mere attempt to examine my own confusion would consume volumes.
glomski777

Postby krysta11 » Sun May 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi Lorenzo,
You made me stop
eathing for a few sec. Absolutely beautiful painting. I do agree with glomsky . You are gifted artist.
all the best
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby lorenzo » Mon May 26, 2008 10:59 pm

you're scaring me, but thanks.
lorenzo

Postby lorenzo » Mon May 26, 2008 11:04 pm

glomski777,
Thank you, Thats all i heard this weekend at the 34th Annual Phippen Museum's Western Art Show & Sale in Prescott, AZ. Some of the big name artists were there and i was very nervous to show my work, but I got rebuked for saying it to the wrong person, they had to straighten me out that I was as equal or more talented than them, so it was quite an eye opener for me thus changing my way of thinking forever.
lorenzo

Postby lorenzo » Mon May 26, 2008 11:09 pm

Bruce,
Sorry for not responding to you sooner, I was out of town. I would like to tell you the rest of the story about this painting and why she is in this pose, but I think i will leave every one wondering ever after!
lorenzo

Postby BAReam » Tue May 27, 2008 9:16 am

Lorenzo.. pleased to hear of your success at the Prescott show. Well done.

But, may I be so bold as to say that sometimes too much flattery, too soon, can be a drive and intensity killer. But of course I'm quite sure you are wise enough and mature enough to know that. Maintain your perspective and continue doing what you are doing... you are on the right path!

all the best... Bruce
BAReam

Postby lorenzo » Tue May 27, 2008 9:31 am

Bruce,
Thanks I need that. I know where youre coming from as I have been on that road before, many moons ago. After a time I was just a self proclamed drunk artist with no works to show for, All talk and no walk.
lorenzo