A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Boa Constrictor

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Boa Constrictor

Postby beautifulbay » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:51 pm

a boa I did a while back in pencil....
Attachments
boa.jpg
boa.jpg (19.11 KiB)
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
CREATE~ Lose yourself in your own world ~ Just do it because you love it!
beautifulbay

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:59 pm

BB, the pic is too tiny to see much.
Erika Takacs

Postby beautifulbay » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:15 pm

wow, yes it is tiny....I just tried to enlarge it, but it distorts it a lot.....I'll have to play with it
DRAW~ even if no one else understands why~ PAINT~ even if no one believes in you
beautifulbay

Postby johnwalkeasy » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:55 pm

Well, let me see. Wait there is somthing on my foot. Comming up my leg. My chest. My neck. It,s a ohhhhhhhhhhhh.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby beautifulbay » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:06 am

:lol: lol .... this one is actually just a baby. He was the little Central American Boa I had at the time and they don't get as big as the Columbians....maybe about 5-6 feet? Tops . His name was Kinicky and he had a mean side to him, I didn't keep him very long because of it.
beautifulbay

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:47 am

What was the mean side of him?
Erika Takacs

Postby beautifulbay » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:02 am

oh, he was a nasty little bug. He'd strike at me unexpectedly whenever I had to do anything in his cage/terrarium. He hissed, blew air, bit. You couldn't trust him just to change his water. As he got bigger, I just decided that I didn't want to deal with it. I sold him to a
eeder. I had intended on finding a red tail, but it never happened. I had lots of snakes back then, but I'm out of that phase now. I still love reptiles, I think they are beautiful, so maybe someday that red tail will come....but you know, I just love animals....I'm still waiting for a macaw! :lol: My horses keep me busy enough. ...let alone 2 kids.
beautifulbay

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:07 am

How do you even make time for your art??? You have a lot going, that's for sure. But then are people who are able to do 10 things all the same time. :)
Erika Takacs

Postby beautifulbay » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:15 am

I just have a lot of free time. I'm lucky to be married to my husband who works very hard for us, supports me in all of my endeavors....I stay home and have the day time to myself while he's at work and kids ar in school. Winter time is very boring, the horses get fed and cleaned in the morning and there is little riding to do. So, it's housework or drawing...or looking up my forums....lol....I'd rather be drawing, but with this head flu, I can barely draw a straight line....my medicine makes me feel worse.
But a lot of times, I do feel like I have to do 10 things at once too. you don't want to see this place come summer! I never have time to sit down. :lol:

Anyone else have animals, hobbies??
beautifulbay

Postby Laura D » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi BB, nice to meet you. This little fellow is a lot cuter on paper that he sounds IRL!

I love animals too but only have 2 cats and 2 dogs at the moment. the doggies have a lot of visitors when their friends' owners go out of town. They do keep me busy. :D
Laura Dicus
http://www.laura-art.com
Comments and critiques are very welcome!
Laura D

Postby beautifulbay » Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:36 am

Hi Laura, nice to meet you too! Welcome to the forum!
Yes, he IS nicer on paper! :lol: Dogs and cats are fun...I love both of mine too. What kinds of dogs do you have? My boy is a husky.
beautifulbay

Return to Just Showing