A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Her gift

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Her gift

Postby painterx@hotmail.com » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:52 am

Latest drawing for a future painting. I plan is to prepare now for all my paintings in 2019.

"Her Gift" 20x30, graphite pencil on paper.

Obviously an homage to Godward and Leighton.

A little bit of detail

painterx@hotmail.com

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Her gift

Postby mikkelkasper » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Oh my!! this is so beautiful.. new here and glad this is my first stop..am a great admirer of good art..perfect art..
i practice on the daily to be good..as good as this..unfortunately have had some bad handwriting since i was little..was told such people can not be good artists...how long did this take?
https://www.findourpad.com/ | https://www.findourpad.com/seattle/seattle-condos-for-sale/
Last edited by mikkelkasper on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikkelkasper

Re: Her gift

Postby painterx@hotmail.com » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:07 pm

Thank-you very much, I appreciate your comments.

Planning the image took a bit. I wanted to come up with a Neo-classical idea similar to Leighton or Godward. I played with a number of ideas and worked on smaller pieces in the same vein for preparation.

Once I had the idea I prepared my references and the drawing took a little over a week to finish. From here I'll do the painting. I hope to have the painting done sometime this year.

Best of luck in your own endeavors.
painterx@hotmail.com

Gallery: View Gallery