A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

"The Sanctuary"

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

"The Sanctuary"

Postby Pooch » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:29 pm

"The Sanctuary." Against popular opinion I left in that foreground bush. I like it! Honest opinions, please.
Attachments
Pooch

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: "The Sanctuary"

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:26 am

Going to stop giving you suggestions or opinions. Appears you must do it your way. Have fun.
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Oh now, c'mon. This is the first one of your suggestions I didn't act on. But, actually, I'm still not happy with this, completely. And I know that the problems are all in the foreground. It's not just the bush, I think. That still may go. I may redo that whole area. I'm even liking the idea of showing more of the pond I may have to put this aside and come back to it with fresh eyes.
Pooch

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:00 am

Good morning Joseph. Thanks for your response. You made me laugh at myself and change my mind. That and the fact that frequently my wife will insist that I rework or change a section of a painting that I consider and then decide to leave it my way to which she will tell me, 'well, you are the artist, but I still don't like it". So, Joseph, you are the artist but I still don't like it. Moving on. I have returned to the Grand Canyon VI painting. Drawing the canyon forms in and I think it is coming along well. Side note. Your suggestion to not put any birds in the sky in Grand Canyon V seems to have worked well. It has placed as a finalist in one online contest and has been rated as all time best on another website. I am waiting for the results to come in from another contest. Should know in a week or so. So, thank you.
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:37 am

Well, damn!!!! Congratulations. I'm glad to have taken a small part in your victory however small that was. How cool is that. Hey, speaking of contests, whatever happened to the results of the animal painting competition right here? Juried voting was over two months ago.
And that painting, above. I don't know. It will probably get a major reworking. Good luck on that contest.
Pooch

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:53 am

Thanks and you are welcome. As to the animal planet results. It has not been done yet. It takes a very LLLLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time for any results for any contest on this site. I don't know why and I am not going to speculate.
CarlOwen