A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Cartoon

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Cartoon

Postby Pooch » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 pm

After commenting on the work of a very talented young cartoonist here in our forum, I thought I might show an old cartoon I did years ago for a blog I had. It concerned the fact that kids, today , don't want to read anymore.
Attachments
Pooch

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Cartoon

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:15 pm

Brought about a chuckle from my wife and me. Good work. I wonder, did Kalvin and Hobbs beat you out in the market place?
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Calvin and Hobbes! One of my favorite strips of all time. Watterson was terrific.
I submitted a strip once but it was rejected by King's Cartooning Syndicate. I never really pursued it aggressively enough. I was turned down once and never tried again.
I'm glad that you and your bride thought this was funny. I have a bunch of them that I saved from when I was blogging. Someone told me that I should compile them into a book.
Pooch

Postby CarlOwen » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi Joseph. I, of course, would love to see all your cartoons in a book. But, may I offer a suggestion? Rhetorical question there as I am going to offer it anyway without your permission. I suggest that you ignore that someone's comment and consider the workload on any project you think you want to do. An idea is one thing and the work bringing it about is quite another. The world is now a completely different place for you. Think and have some fun. I just finished a drawing of a portrait that I intend to paint. Will post it after I have my most important afternoon nap.
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:24 pm

How dare you offer a suggestion without my approval. Having read it, however, I approve.
Nah, I'll never do it. It was a suggestion made a long time ago when I was someone else.
And by the way. I checked out your website. You've put together a nice body of work. I love that painting called, "Old Wheels."
Pooch

Postby Pooch » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:30 pm

Oh, and I just noticed. Happy Birthday!
Pooch

Postby mikemontalvo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:25 am

I think it's great. Love the style you used. If i understand Carl's comment correctly about considering the workload I completely agree. I am having fun doing the web comic but it is quite a workload, especially since I already have two other jobs. If I wasn't enjoying the whole thing so much I wouldn't have started it. But we will have to see how I feel after the sleep deprivation kicks in.
mikemontalvo