A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Latest Oil

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Latest Oil

Postby Pooch » Wed May 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Imageupload foto

Since I really enjoyed adding bears to my last work, I thought I'd tackle some more wildlife subjects. This was a lot of fun so I'll be doing more animals for sure.
I tried something new, too. For me, anyway. I'd read that plywood makes for a nice painting surface. I went down to Home Depot and bought two panels and had them cut them up for me. When I got them home I cut them even smaller. I wound up with six 16"x12" panels for a fraction of what canvases would have cost me at Hobby Lobby. Eleven dollars.
I primed a few and then went to work on one. Supposedly the painting will never crack because the wood doesn't flex like canvas.
Anyway, please let me know what you think of this. Thanks for looking.
Pooch

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Latest Oil

Postby Pooch » Wed May 24, 2017 5:49 pm

The more I'm looking at this painting, the more I'm thinking that the tree may have to be cut down!
Pooch

Postby CarlOwen » Wed May 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Joseph. The tree; Yes. I would title this one "The Rut". Just love the old fashioned Remington painting style.
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Wed May 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Yeah, that tree has to go, doesn't it? It's funny that I really didn't notice until I posted this. And thank you.
Pooch