A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Say something about my painting~

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Say something about my painting~

Postby chneyswhite » Mon May 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Nothing special, I just want to record it when I see the flowers everywhere.
Do you like it? If you would like to give some advice for me, I am glad?
Attachments
chneyswhite

Re: Say something about my painting~

Postby Pooch » Mon May 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Nice. Really, very nice. Water colors?
Pooch

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby CarlOwen » Tue May 23, 2017 7:46 am

Well, thank you for sharing. I see that you can paint. I also see that you have had some degree of art education and training. Now to the painting. Good faded background transitional movement from the varied greens at the bottom to the multi toned yellows. Very ethereal. Keeping the same feeling in the stems going from greens to yellows and yellow ochre with a suggestion of stem forms. The whites and dark to light varied blue and periwinkle controlled location splotches under the whites give depth. Nice. I don't think you intended to make those dark shadowy spots in the green field, but it works to add depth and interest to the background. I like the organized randomness of the flowers with that strong diagonal movement of dark leaf, flower pod arrangement across the lower flower field. I find the finishing touch of only three flowers placed together that have the yellow ochre centers a beautiful display of a knowledge about how to have a delicate touch and an understanding of creating eye movement within a painting by having that single yellow ochre spot in the white flower on the upper right. Can't help to feel calm and comfortable looking at this painting.
CarlOwen

Postby chneyswhite » Tue May 23, 2017 9:18 pm

Pooch wrote:Nice. Really, very nice. Water colors?

Right, It's watercolors.
chneyswhite

Postby chneyswhite » Tue May 23, 2017 9:27 pm

CarlOwen wrote:Well, thank you for sharing. I see that you can paint. I also see that you have had some degree of art education and training. Now to the painting. Good faded background transitional movement from the varied greens at the bottom to the multi toned yellows. Very ethereal. Keeping the same feeling in the stems going from greens to yellows and yellow ochre with a suggestion of stem forms. The whites and dark to light varied blue and periwinkle controlled location splotches under the whites give depth. Nice. I don't think you intended to make those dark shadowy spots in the green field, but it works to add depth and interest to the background. I like the organized randomness of the flowers with that strong diagonal movement of dark leaf, flower pod arrangement across the lower flower field. I find the finishing touch of only three flowers placed together that have the yellow ochre centers a beautiful display of a knowledge about how to have a delicate touch and an understanding of creating eye movement within a painting by having that single yellow ochre spot in the white flower on the upper right. Can't help to feel calm and comfortable looking at this painting.

Thank you so much for your comments on my paintings.
I know some of you here are experienced painter,and everyone's comments on my future study is very helpful.
chneyswhite

Postby Singular » Tue May 30, 2017 5:34 pm

I think it is beautiful. I love the combination of colors and the soft mood you created. Well done!
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby chirchri » Tue May 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Simply amazing!
chirchri

Postby chneyswhite » Tue May 30, 2017 10:22 pm

chirchri wrote:Simply amazing!

:D
chneyswhite

Postby chirchri » Wed May 31, 2017 10:18 pm

chneyswhite wrote:
chirchri wrote:Simply amazing!

:D

looking forward your new work.
chirchri

Postby icebear » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:28 am

Beautiful flowers. Great work.
icebear

Postby painterx@hotmail.com » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:39 pm

I pretty much agree with CarlOwen's assessment. That said, while pretty, it's not all that compelling. Feels like something is missing.
painterx@hotmail.com

Postby Dragondust » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:51 pm

I love the colors! Very well done!
Dragondust

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:59 pm

I respectfully disagree with Joseph Bellofatto's critic about it needing something. Not all paintings need to make a statement or possess the power of attraction. Some simply need to be a gentle, kind reminder of simple beauty that is around us all the time if we only take the time to see it. Particularly when it possesses almost perfect composition. This is one of those paintings.
CarlOwen

Postby chneyswhite » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 pm

CarlOwen wrote:I respectfully disagree with Joseph Bellofatto's critic about it needing something. Not all paintings need to make a statement or possess the power of attraction. Some simply need to be a gentle, kind reminder of simple beauty that is around us all the time if we only take the time to see it. Particularly when it possesses almost perfect composition. This is one of those paintings.

I do totally agree. Everyoone is an artist I think. What we need to do is discovery beautiful and show it on your own way because of the eye's view is quite different.
chneyswhite

Postby GPJunior » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:16 pm

Amazing colors and great DOF. I love the cold-warm contrast and this is really a painting I like!!!
GPJunior

Postby Artigrapher » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:18 am

Oh that's nice! I would actually buy that...!
Artigrapher