A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Model T Through The Woods

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Model T Through The Woods

Postby Pooch » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:16 pm

Image[url=https://postimage.org/]upl
Well, this one didn't reproduce well at all. It's taken with my wife's cell phone, just like the others but seems blurry. Anyway, you get the general idea. Obviously, when I start trying to sell my work online, I'm going to have to take better pictures.
Pooch

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Model T Through The Woods

Postby CarlOwen » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Charming. So, how long have you been doing this art painting stuff?
CarlOwen

Postby Pooch » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:18 am

Thank you. Wanted to play around with light and shadows. Had some good shots of woods to use and then when I found that Model T photo I said, "Oh yeah, there's my next painting!"
Not so sure that I pulled off the whole glass idea in the windshield, but it doesn't look all that bad so I'm going to leave it.
How long have I been involved in art? All of my life. Thought that I was going to be a professional illustrator. Went to the School of Visual Arts in New York City.
But I only stayed two years instead of the required four and got a job with American Airlines. Not one of my brighter moments. I'm retired from there.
But I've decided to get back into it. Got to relearn a lot of things. I'm getting it back, though, I think. This time I'm determined not to stop painting.
Pooch

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:42 am

Good morning Joseph. Thanks for responding. About the car window, I think that what you mentioned is what we as artists see in our work that everyone else misses. I know that I missed what you are talking about. I still think it is a charming painting and that you should leave it alone. At the art stuff thing. Mine is a similar story except my decision to abandon art as a profession was one of the best decisions I ever made. My retirement now lets me afford to paint what I want and when I want. Learning and re-learning lots and lots of stuff. Since I don't have to depend on anyone else's opinion or support I can delve into the esoteric aspect of art as well as attempting to paint those beautiful moments that visually grab us as human beings. Life is good.
CarlOwen

Postby Tasmanian Devil » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Love this. I'm a huge fan of the 1900s aesthetic!
Tasmanian Devil

Postby Derexbrown » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:47 pm

a charming place
Derexbrown

Postby Pooch » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:12 am

Thanks for the positive comments. But, actually, I'm not happy with this! I don't think that I handled the leaves in the trees very well. I'm in the process of redoing this, and knowing me, I'll probably wind up painting something over it.
Pooch