A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Showing some of my photography off.

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

Showing some of my photography off.

Postby Theodious78 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:08 am

Hey guys/gals. It's been a while since I've posted. let me tell you of the adventure I had. So, back in November, we(my fiance & I) went out of town to buy groceries here in Oregon. We lived on the coast. We were talking about getting a dog on the way there, but knew that wasn't going to happen, so we continued on with our mission to go get groceries. On the way home, I suddenly had an itch to stop in at the animal shelter. To my fiance's surprise, she was very excited to see the animals. We looked around and found this insanely cute dog named Khole up for adoption. Well, we adopted him because he was also a service dog and I'm a veteran with PTSD and type 3c diabetes along with chronic pancreatitis. He knew right off the bat that I wasn't feeling well and grew on me the moment I held him. We got him home and a few days went by and I heard a knock at my balcony(our main way of getting into our top floor apartment). It was our landlord. He told me he had heard we got a dog and dogs weren't allowed in the apratments. I told him it was a medical service dog and I had all the paperwork coming. He said no dogs and if we still had the dog in a month we had to leave the apartment regardless of what the laws stated. So, I got on the internet that same day looking for apartments and houses all over Oregon and could not find anything. So, I decided to post a few ads on Craigslist about our situation and what had happened. I started getting multiple spam emails all at once and had to sift through what was real and what was fake, and to my surprise I had an email come in that was from a couple that owned a four bedroom house in the Southern Oregon mountains next to the biggest lake in Oregon(3 miles away I might add). We agreed to meet up to look at the place that very next weekend. And from there I was Astonished. The couple that owned the place were also veterans(the husband), and they told us that they wanted to help us out because of the situation and no veteran should be homeless. We agreed on the set price(700/month), and put the down payment down. Two weeks later, we rented a Uhaul, packed everything up and moved into our new place in the mountains before winter hit. Three weeks into living here, we look outside, and we're getting snowed on, heavily. By that night, we've got over two feet of snow in our front and back yard. We knew what was coming for the winter, but realistically had no idea what it would entail. SNOW IS HEAVY!! Luckily the landlords had a riding lawn mower with a built on snow blower that they let us use as long as I could get it running(And I did). Now our Khole has 2 acres to run on unleashed with 6000 acres to explore(with us because we live right next to a national forest). I wanted to show you guys the area that we live on with my photography. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. - Adam(me) & Nikki
Attachments
National forest just behind our back yard
Theodious78

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Showing some of my photography off.

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Thanks for sharing. Nice. When one door shuts a window opens; especially if you are the one who opens it. Wish you and yours the best. I am very happy for you that you have opened your heart to another. Sure beats where you were when we first met on this site.
CarlOwen

Postby Theodious78 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Yeah. Thanks. I've worked so hard to get here. I'm glad I chose the correct path.
Theodious78

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:01 pm

Me too my friend, me too.
CarlOwen

Postby Derexbrown » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Thanks for sharing, I like it
Derexbrown

Postby Derexbrown » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 am

Nice work, it seems there was a heavy snow
Derexbrown

Postby painterx@hotmail.com » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Nice story and beautiful photo.
painterx@hotmail.com

Postby Pooch » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Funny how things work, isn't it? A trip to the grocery store just changed your whole life. There's an old saying. "Life happens when you're making plans."
Yeah, things just happen the way they're gonna happen no matter what plans we think we're making.
I hate the cold, though. Even so, I can't help thinking, "Wow, imagine all the painting possibilities."
Anyway, good luck.
Pooch

Postby Tasmanian Devil » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Nothing looks as beautiful as it does in the snow.
Tasmanian Devil