A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

just thought I'd share , continued....

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

just thought I'd share , continued....

Postby MajorTom » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:52 pm

Here's the other one. Both are about 11" x 14".
Attachments
1977 CJ5 Lisa Best.jpg
1977 CJ5 Lisa Best.jpg (26.86 KiB)
MajorTom

Postby ade » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:04 pm

why cars. i can see that you draw very very very good, but you are inspired by stoopid theme :D
ade

Postby Singular » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:19 pm

ade wrote:why cars. i can see that you draw very very very good, but you are inspired by stoopid theme :D

You began by giving the man a compliment and then took it away by insulting him.

I have some advice for you. Not all things are viewed by people in the same light and not all things are of interest to to everyone. What you think is not a good subject matter may be a passion for someone else.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby saphyre » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:18 pm

I have to agree, a theme of cars is not stoopid. I find myslef marveling at how artfuly cars used to be put together. The old cars from the 1920's-50's were some of the most beautiful and certainly are works of art in their own right. I would love to see you do some old cars from different perpectives and angles. Truly beautiful work. :D
In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustable. ~the Dhammapada
saphyre

Nice

Postby Michaelblade » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:03 pm

I'll just say that you are great illustrator.I drew lots of strange looking cars.Realism is the most challenging.Like sculpting a realistic human skull.Or drawing cars. Thankyou, Blade
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

thank you

Postby MajorTom » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:22 pm

Thanks for the kind words folks. I do draw other things such as people, animals, old barns and such. But I usually just use graphite or pen and ink. My customers wanted color, so I jumped in blindfolded so to speak, using colored pencils. When I finish my next piece(should I find the time!), I'll be sure and post it. Thanks again Tom
MajorTom

Re: thank you

Postby sculptedlife » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:48 pm

I showed the picture of the Jeep to my son. Now he wants to buy one and make it look just like that one! Soon he will be tapping the Bank of Dad. Anyway....it is a terrific piece of work. Excellent detail, great proportions, and really good perspective. Keep up the good work.
Memories you can touch
sculptedlife

Inspiration

Postby Michaelblade » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:02 am

Money makes alot of sense when someone says they want you to draw something.And it can be stoopid.Get the picture?
Attachments
04_05_06_1015.jpg
04_05_06_1015.jpg (78.14 KiB)
The Real Blade
Michaelblade

jeep

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:21 am

Besides, cars are hard to draw. I tried to do a 'car monsters on the
highway' series, but I could not get those vehicles right! Cars will
never go out of style because everybody loves cars!
Can you imagine big trucks eating SUVs that are eating sedans that
are eating compacts? I give the idea, to you. ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Postby Teknowizard » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:12 pm

I agree with most of the others, it is a very good job and I say that as someone that was very much into show cars before my accident. If this is a passion and idea for practice & exposure might be to attend car shows in your area and offer to sketch cars for the owners. A lot of them would probably love to have their pride & joy the subject of an artwork.
My Facebook Fan Page - Come join as a fan and/or set up your own fan page.
Teknowizard

Postby kazeseka » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:34 pm

I also agree with most of you.
Although I'm not into cars (or trucks), I can really appreciate the time and talent that went into creating it.
Great work of art you have!
kazeseka

Postby DLKeur » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:39 pm

At first view of this, I grinned ear to ear. I love the Norman Rockwell feel in both the sense of intimacy -- intimate knowledge and love -- you drew the work with and the quality of art on paper. The paper -- I love the paper you used...if it is on paper...or if digital, the effect of real old, good paper -- the very thick stuff that's heavy on the cotton, rich and lasting. I can almost pick it up. And what I really love about this is that the jeep has a sense of presence and personality like real ones do which are well-loved and cherished by their owners, seeming to take on their owner's personality, even when sitting parked in the garage.

Very good.

Think about a series of these, and doing them up in a calendar via lulu.com.

Thanks for the grin.

I love it.

ADD/EDIT: Just so you know, you've got such an amazing gift. The light and shadow, just the right amount of grass beneath, the reflections off the finish, and, my, my, the perspective is so well executed. *applause* I canNOT draw vehicles...unless they are horse buggies, that is.
Last edited by DLKeur on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DLKeur

Postby DLKeur » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:53 pm

Wonderful dogs. Just great! Are they yours? Well loved, and it shows all over. Thanks for sharing.
DLKeur

Cars

Postby Carmelo » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:27 am

I used to do Hot Rod wierdies ala Big Daddy Roth, fed me for a time it did. Hats off to the
illiant colored jeep. Coool! Drive on my man.
Carmelo

Blog: View Blog (2)