A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Call for Artist Interviews

This is where you need to come to find out what's new with the forums and with A Singular Creation.

Moderator: Moderators

Call for Artist Interviews

Postby rhknigh » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:58 pm

I am happy to announce, with the permission of Joe (Singular, site founder) that I am authorized to create Artist Interview articles for A Singular Creation site members. These are great promotional tools for active artists at any stage of their career.

:arrow: EDIT: I have a new process of handling interviews. If you would like to be considered for an artist interview by me, please click here and use the form to begin.

This "first step" form is provided for you to request an interview feature article. All potential interviewees should make known what the desired focus of their interview will be and send a link to images of the creative work to be covered for review. If then selected for the second phase, interview questions specifically applicable to the requesting artist will be composed. All the information supplied will be used to create an article suitable for publication.

Please take note of my policies regarding content which preserve my reputation as a writer:

No "adult" content
    Does not promote discrimination against individuals or groups on the basis of race, gender, religion, etc.
    Does not contain inducements to or instructions related to illegal activities

I look forward to interviewing more great artists, as I have before here at A Singular Creation.

Thank you,

Rebecca

p.s. Make sure to hit "Submit" at the bottom of the form :!:
Last edited by rhknigh on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Call for Artist Interviews

Postby Lynne of Luray » Sat May 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi Rebecca, thank you for your recent note. Although I have searched for the website information you mentioned, I still have not located it. Maybe I missed something...
Lynne of Luray

Postby rhknigh » Sat May 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Lynne, are you having a hard time locating your article? It is at this link: http://asingularcreation.com/Forums/kb.php?a=57

You can also get to it by going to Community > Articles > Artist Interviews and look for the title with your name in it. At the moment it is on top since it is most recent.

Hope this is the info you were looking for. :)
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Postby saevilarvae@gmail.com » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:27 pm

I would love to be interviewed, I have alot of interesting types of work, and alot of interesting stuff to say, please consider me for this oppurtunity, I will let you decide which of my mediums I should represent, If you like, ( @ www.overlordartistry.weebly.com )
Or I can just choose my sculpture as a default choice, I think mabye speaking on behalf of each individual artform (paint, sculpture,fixtures,jewelry,tattoo,web design) might be way too much. What do you think?
saevilarvae@gmail.com

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:56 pm

I think you would be a great interviewee!
ehoeveler

Postby saevilarvae@gmail.com » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:02 pm

Thank you, I have never had to hold myself accountable for what my hands created,
But I have always blown em' away at job interviews!
saevilarvae@gmail.com

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Whaddaya mean, 'blown away'...?
ehoeveler

Postby saevilarvae@gmail.com » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:10 pm

every time I have ever gotten a job, whether it was as a lumper for Allied van lines, or a firefighter for oregon dept. of forestry, hell, even the mock interview I once did for a music promotion company, I represented myself as a confident, impressive individual. I think it is important to have a good self-image, esp. in the ART line of work, we are pretty much representing our inner selves are we not? By blown away I guess I was just trying to say that if it is an interview that has a purpose, I achieve the purpose, far better than I am expected to.
saevilarvae@gmail.com

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Cool - sounds good to me!
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:20 pm

saevilarvae@gmail.com wrote:I would love to be interviewed, I have alot of interesting types of work, and alot of interesting stuff to say, please consider me for this oppurtunity, I will let you decide which of my mediums I should represent, If you like, ( @ http://www.overlordartistry.weebly.com )
Or I can just choose my sculpture as a default choice, I think mabye speaking on behalf of each individual artform (paint, sculpture,fixtures,jewelry,tattoo,web design) might be way too much. What do you think?

Check your inbox for a private message. Thanks.

rhknigh
Writer

Postby sun » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:41 am

thank you !!!!!!!! my art website: www.ippang.com, i will send my artwork photos to you as soon as possible !

happy summer day

ip pang

www.ippang.com
sun

Postby danmccormack » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:20 pm

Hello, I am interested in doing an artist interview. My newest work "Nude at Home" is partially on my own web site but more of the series is on another website: http://ulsterartistsonline.org/user/130

My email is dan_mccormack@yahoo.com.
danmccormack

Postby rhknigh » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:10 pm

danmccormack wrote:Hello, I am interested in doing an artist interview. My newest work "Nude at Home" is partially on my own web site but more of the series is on another website: http://ulsterartistsonline.org/user/130

My email is dan_mccormack@yahoo.com.

Hi, if you are interested then follow the above link and fill out the Q & A and send to my email either via link above or link on my profile.

Thanks,

Rebecca

rhknigh
Writer

Postby Singular » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello all,

Rebecca is no longer accepting interviews at this time.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby rhknigh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Singular wrote:Hello all,

Rebecca is no longer accepting interviews at this time.

all the best,
Joe

And as per my communication with Joe over the weekend - Interviews are back on with the new format. Please see the original post for more information. :D

rhknigh
Writer

Postby Professor Lidium » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:29 am

I think being interviewed is so intriguing haha I have always wanted to be interviewed especially for my art.! I filled out a form I hope to hear back soon!:)
Professor Lidium

Postby rhknigh » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:16 pm

Professor Lidium wrote:I think being interviewed is so intriguing haha I have always wanted to be interviewed especially for my art.! I filled out a form I hope to hear back soon!:)

Hi, Thanks for your request, you must be Chris. It is thrilling to see someone enthused about wanting to talk about their art, some times it takes coaxing to get artists to open up. I just wrapped up an interview today and will need to finalize its publishing, hopefully this evening or tomorrow as I have much to do today. I am also mid-way through another interview I hope to have done sometime later this week. I do interviews in a first-in first-out order, and it takes as long as the collaboration and editing takes which depends on many variables. Bear with me as I do this as a hobby in my free-time, but I deliver quality and do not charge to do any initial interviews. I hope to be able to review what you sent me to look over and email you back by the end of this week. Thanks again, Rebecca

rhknigh
Writer

Postby Professor Lidium » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:32 pm

rhknigh wrote:
Professor Lidium wrote:I think being interviewed is so intriguing haha I have always wanted to be interviewed especially for my art.! I filled out a form I hope to hear back soon!:)

Hi, Thanks for your request, you must be Chris. It is thrilling to see someone enthused about wanting to talk about their art, some times it takes coaxing to get artists to open up. I just wrapped up an interview today and will need to finalize its publishing, hopefully this evening or tomorrow as I have much to do today. I am also mid-way through another interview I hope to have done sometime later this week. I do interviews in a first-in first-out order, and it takes as long as the collaboration and editing takes which depends on many variables. Bear with me as I do this as a hobby in my free-time, but I deliver quality and do not charge to do any initial interviews. I hope to be able to review what you sent me to look over and email you back by the end of this week. Thanks again, Rebecca

No rush lol im a patient person!! just stoked that people are actually gonna be able to hear me now. Appreciate it Rebecca
Professor Lidium

Postby nigelartist » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:11 pm

I have filled out my form Rebecca and look forward to being interviewed. Good luck and God bless your work.

Nigel

x
Nigel Goodwin:Artist/poet/songwriter/photographer - http://nigelgoodwin.crevado.com
nigelartist

Postby rhknigh » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:54 pm

nigelartist wrote:I have filled out my form Rebecca and look forward to being interviewed. Good luck and God bless your work.

Nigel

x

You sure did, and I am proud of you. Technically I have 3 other interviews that were ahead of you, yet their questionnaire responses are pending still and I don't wrap up until what is done is DONE. I am stuck in limbo usually I only take on 2 at a time, but I went ahead today and decided to take on a third. I think at some point I will have a deluge of responses. I am working my way down the list though, and I myself would like for it to get going faster, but it takes 2... so hang in there.

rhknigh
Writer

Next