A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Inspiration

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Inspiration

Postby Phylis » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:21 pm

How do you get inspired to do art work? What motivates you. :)
Phylis

Postby DLKeur » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:38 pm

Music, an emotion, an experience, an incident in life, sound, a walk, light hitting trees or a leaf a certain way, an earthworm slinkying along, moss on a tree, mushrooms clinging to a log, a walkway, old steps, a cistern, the sound of water...birds...elk..........in short, any experience that
ings me to pause in wonder, awe, and joy. And then there are my sorrow and rage pieces, which are usually oil on canvas and sloppy as hell, done in flurry of angst-driven energy.
DLKeur

Postby Singular » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:52 pm

I think you pretty much got it all D. Movies inspire me as well. Sometimes you come across a really beautifully done movie with amazing artistic merrit. That often inspires me to create.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby DLKeur » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:39 pm

Do call me Dawn, if you want. I don't mind "hey you" or "droll troll" either. I won't mention what some people call me. :wink:

I do know what you mean about movies. I watched a Chinese one a while back that was absolutely stimulating. I've never had one inspire me to paint, though.
DLKeur

Postby johnwalkeasy » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:24 pm

Phylis, If one who lives in Ohio. Takes a trip to London England. They would most asured pack a camera. They would want the people back home and elseware to see the places they have seen.They may take photos of all the nice places and people they ecountered. Or perhaps they would take photos of the back streets and allies. The bums and drunks. The lost and forgoten. They would long to show others the happyness and nice things. Or the sadness and emtyness of this place so far away. In the end. That,s what a real artist endevors to do. And they will tell these stories in differnt ways. Like the pictures on the cave walls from 1000,s of years ago. All that we know about history. Are though the lives of many artist down thought the ages. If one is born with the heart of an artist. They will find a way to help tell these stories. Stories of the human race.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Erika Takacs » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:27 pm

Singular wrote: Sometimes you come across a really beautifully done movie with amazing artistic merrit. That often inspires me to create.

Joe, your description fits perfectly "Pan's Labyrinth". It's fine art. Have you seen it?

What inspires me? All those things Dawn is talking about I find pleasure in, but cannot say they inspire me directly. What is inspiring to me is what they represent: beauty, graceful elegance, simplicity, harmony. But thinking inspires me more than anything. Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby Singular » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:22 pm

Erika Takacs wrote:Joe, your description fits perfectly "Pan's Labyrinth". It's fine art. Have you seen it?

I did just see it last week. It was amazing. I was just talking to a friend about it yesterday saying that I am going to look for a web site that has a collection of images of all of the artwork for that movie. I haven't looked yet, but soon.
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Erika Takacs » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:10 pm

Let me know if you find it, please. E
Erika Takacs

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:44 am

any form or color depending what mood I'm in. ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Postby Erika Takacs » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:29 am

I will have to add a really good art show. I just attended an outdoor art exhibit with over 500 artists participating, all jury selected, out of 1200 applicants. It was a great experience, got lots of ideas just by looking at different styles and mediums and talking to a few artists. I hope to preserve some of that positive energy until I have the chance to sit down and create something again. Erika
Erika Takacs