A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Making and selling prints and other items on Etsy

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Making and selling prints and other items on Etsy

Postby Haleyo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 pm

So I still haven't tried Etsy.com for selling work, though I've heard a lot of good things about it.
I'm a painter, and I want to start testing out selling prints. I'm also looking to sell other things, like buttons, card, maybe even coffee mugs. I've attached a picture of a painting I did. What do you think the best way to market this image would be? Should I stick with prints?

I've heard that Etsy is a fun site, but so far I haven't met anyone who's had much success selling and making money through it. What kind of experiences have you guys had through Etsy, and what sort of products do you think would be most successful?
Haleyo

Re: Making and selling prints and other items on Etsy

Postby Haleyo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 pm

It turned out my image was too big to post, but I have a couple example in my profile of what I'd be making prints, etc. of.
Haleyo

Re: Making and selling prints and other items on Etsy

Postby SidneyEileen » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:12 pm

I've had some luck with Etsy, but like with any other venue for selling art you must market it if you expect anyone to find it. Support it with outside promotion, and from within Etsy you can help gain exposure by appropriately tagging your items, joining Teams, adding other artists to your Circle, and promoting other artists with Treasuries. The exposure you give to others helps give you exposure as well, and will encourage other artists to add you to their own Circle and Treasuries. Thankfully it's very inexpensive to list with them, and the listings last for 4 months, so there's little risk if it doesn't work out for you.
The day we stop learning about art is the day we stop making art.
SidneyEileen
Writer

Articles: 3
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (1)