A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Art Communication

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Art Communication

Postby Bilbow » Mon May 22, 2006 8:29 am

My fellow creators, I have come to realize that art can be, and actually is a powerful communicator. One glance and art communicates. It need not ask permission of anyone! Given such an opportunity, an artist is offered an unlimited license to speak....and be heard. The only limiting factors is what we say, how we say it, and to whom we say it to. Thousands of people see our work on the internet, so we do connect.
I believe we should challenge ourselves in light of a changing reality to make some statements with art which make people think, not just do pretty pictures to compete with pretty pictures, good art with good art. One can only do what's inside them to do, which is never what it could be. We have to fight to do what we are ultimately capable of which no one else can do. To reach and touch what has never been touched. When people view our creations, they are mostly sight seeing and taking in what we have to offer. Offer them the best, and don't be shy about making a worthy statement which just could touch a life in a timely manner. It's all about communication, sale or no sale.
Bilbow
I hope you are blessed by my work. Bill Stephens
Bilbow

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Mon May 22, 2006 10:12 am

Very well said my friend. I agree that we have the ability to challenge ourselves to try to challenge others through our art, whether we choose to do so is up to us.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

RE: Art Communication

Postby kjrguitar » Tue May 23, 2006 2:49 am

While it is true that there are many artistic ways to make a statement, as artists we must remember to balance our political, religious, and moral expression with our needs and desire to sell our works. Please don't misunderstand my point. Freedom of expression is a beautiful thing. But we must be prepared for the consequences of our statements so that we do not become political tools like so many others have in the arts. People are bombarded a million times a day with messages of how they should think. Even though I have enjoyed Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen, I don't view them as qualified to tell me how I should feel about political issues. So I stopped listening......and I stopped buying. If you are not concerned with selling your art, and you have bold statements you feel compelled to express......Then
other you live in the best place on earth to do that. Just have a thick skin if half of those that see your work call it crap because they don't see the world as you do.

About the sale or no sale. Selling your art is the ultimate validation of how others feel about your talent. So, in my view sales are an important barometer and allow you capitol to continue in your artistic career.

Not suggesting that anyone wanting to send a message "sell out". I am saying that using your artistic talent as a political soapbox can be very limiting for your career. Artist or Politician...can you be successful at both?
KJ Rogers
kjrguitar

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:23 pm

When I was 9 years old. Back in 1957. Me and my grandmother planted two little trees in front of the house my family had just moved into. The kind of trees with the big dark green leaves that stay green year round. Don,t know what thier called. I don,t remenber why, but one of the trees we took out of the little metal bucket it was bought in and planted it. The other tree we left in the bucket and planted it. The lst year or so they stay about the same size. But after that, as the years went on. The one we planted out of the bucket was growing taller and wider than the other. About 30 years later the out of the bucket tree was twice as tall and wide as the other. I drove by the old house about 6 months ago. After 50 years, the out of the bucket tree is at least 3 times taller and wider than the other. Don,t know my point to this story. Just somthing that happen.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby saphyre » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:34 pm

I understand what you say, I mean no offense to your strong opinion. But, I used to think the same way and tried to have my feelings and opinions known through my art, but art isn't always about making a statement or view heard. Sometimes it is meant to calm and soothe a mind. I create art now to show people beauty around them that may not be seeing. Hopefully giving them some peace in their lives when they do not have time for it or do not realize they need it. I personally find that creating art lets me find a peace that I searched for within myself and only recently found and wish to share. I do not feel any need to give my opinions so freely to the world. If someone wants to know what I think they should just ask.
saphyre

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:28 pm

Thier is no good or bad reason to do art work. Our work will live beyon our lifetime. Do it for money, do for frame, do it for no reason at all. Just do it.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to Art Discussion