A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

What Do You Really See

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

What Do You Really See

Postby Mike51 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:25 pm

The premise to this, is simple, everyone gives a gut reaction not a critique of style or technique. The artist needs to keep that in mind. [/u]
Attachments
BREATH.jpg
BREATH.jpg (37.69 KiB)
Mike51

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby gmoulton » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Anguish of a
oken heart.
gmoulton

what do I see?

Postby BAReam » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:05 pm

Mike... I see an assemblage of articles lying on a mirrored surface against a vertically striped wall or panel with eggs in various stages of being
oken and dropped{read right to left} or eggs haven been
oken and a reversal of being
oken and reverting back to their original state {read left to right} the way we are TRAINED to read}.

I'm entirely sure what you are looking for here as far as a comment, so let's begin here?

Be well... Bruce

it's been bugging me that my comment was reversed in login... hope it didn't challenge ya-all's view of the world... :?
Last edited by BAReam on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAReam

Postby Mike51 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:16 pm

That good two comments, one emotional and one observance of the technical and void of emotion....I would want to know about the use of symbolism, maybe? It's kind of hard to spur this on and not give too much. It fair to make something up...
Mike
Mike51

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:59 pm

Someone being locked up, but not being aware of it, since they're too busy blowing bubbles. They live in a dream world, oblivious to their right to new life symbolized by the eggs. Their rights are being crushed (
oken eggs), and the loss is irreplaceable. Mind you this interpretation might be influenced by the earlier socio-political discussion.
Last edited by Erika Takacs on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erika Takacs

Postby BAReam » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:45 am

Ooooops :oops: Somehow I missed the header explaining to task. Will be back later today.
BAReam

Postby DLKeur » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:44 am

My "gut" reaction was curiosity, my eye searching for the "answer," which was "she's lying on a mirror." Her expression seemed too penetrating for comfort, too hungry in sexual desire. The
oken eggs are disturbing, almost obscene.
DLKeur

Postby weirdpuckett » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:32 am

I see that love never had a chance..No "warmth" to incubate it...I see figures affected by it....not able to stand as a result...
weirdpuckett

Postby weirdpuckett » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:41 am

also,the feather represents the one responsible for the neglected "eggs of love"..we can see that there is only little evidence of the "parent" being there,leaving the eggs abandoned..
weirdpuckett

Postby william » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:36 pm

I'm getting an end or some type of death...too much to deal with that the eyes go cold and lifeless....the mirror is the possiblity of what was, like a reflection of ones own self worth. the
oken egg also symbolizing the stages of death , starting with death, but reflecting the stages in reverse which leads to that end..... showing the progression of how death came.

At least that's just a gut response.
Be Good
William
william

good responses

Postby Mike51 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:05 pm

This is really interesting...Been gone for several days. I was afraid it would totally fizzle out...Question .."Do the responses say as much about the viewer as it does about the artist?"
Would some one else put one up?please?
Mike51

Postby weirdpuckett » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:17 am

Oh...I see...were all revealing our inner being...yes..true...something rings true with our response..otherwise,we wouldnt give any response...unless we're just babbling to sound like we know thwe meaning..
weirdpuckett

Postby weirdpuckett » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:27 am

If You are like me..you do art as a therapy..and ultimately ,you want to share yourself in some sort of non-traditional way with others...a way that feels very comfortable to you.. I have no real commercial aspirations for art....I do it because I can speak with it...without an audience..that is how I know that I do it for me first....If I find that it speaks to others..fine..If not...so what?
weirdpuckett

Postby BAReam » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:02 am

My gut reaction is emotional disconnect... a series of props, or stand-ins for the real. But hey, just finished visiting the work of Mike and Doug Starn, so my mind is reeling anyway! 8)

Bruce

in retrospect.. perhaps a sense of healing; or distancing from a painful event/relationship :?
Last edited by BAReam on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many roads; One path. baream 08
BAReam

Postby Mike51 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:55 am

weirdpuckett wrote:If You are like me..you do art as a therapy..and ultimately ,you want to share yourself in some sort of non-traditional way with others...a way that feels very comfortable to you.. I have no real commercial aspirations for art....I do it because I can speak with it...without an audience..that is how I know that I do it for me first....If I find that it speaks to others..fine..If not...so what?

Good response..."I do it because I can speak with it.."
consider the possibility that words have nothing to do with this mode of speaking....here is another one if no one else wants to put one up.
Mike51

Postby BAReam » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:57 pm

A quasi "Freudian" interpretation has been mulling around... { a fear of infertility... or the discovering of infertility} Infertility can also be connected with as sense of being out of control... social/personal ineptitude. A challenge to self worth. To reinforce this theme could be the phallic stand-in of the feather.

I reiterate; my gut says some kind of emotional disconnect. Be well.
Bruce
BAReam

Postby Mike51 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Would some one else like to post an image? Lets see where this goes....
Mike51

Postby BAReam » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:21 pm

Mike... I get the distinct impression of being persona-non-grata; no clue why... but hey....... :roll:

e.g. ... overt lack of response to interpretation(s)... that's OK though, I'm probably out in left field anyway.
Last edited by BAReam on Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAReam

Postby Mike51 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:49 pm

BAReam wrote:Mike... I get the distinct impression of being persona-non-grata; no clue why... but hey....... :roll:

What do you mean?
Mike51

Postby BAReam » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:38 am

Mike... where is you is, rusty monkey?
Many roads; One path. baream 08
BAReam

Next

Return to Art Discussion