A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Art + Weddings

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Art + Weddings

Postby Blaze » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:48 pm

People spend lots of money on weddings, with much of the funds supporting cliche goods and ideas-- which flowers, dress, music, wine... While people are used to purchasing the cliche, the potential is there for them to be most open to em
acing the artistic on this day.

At the same time, artists are sensitive people looking for more outlets for their expression, and more markets to survive in.

Isn't there room to grow in the area of artist inspired wedding themes? I spoke to an artist who got wide eyed as he spoke of his installations of leaves in Romania. There were drawings made from the shadows of leaves (think napkins at the placesettings), there were candele
a type arrangements of leaves in the center of the room (think over the dance floor), there was prose about the symbology of the leaves-- the preciousness, fragility, and limited life span of the leaves (think of a poem written on some leaf-inspired gift at each guest's table setting).

Okay, so there's more than leaves out there. Seems to me that we just need to get some artists hooked up with some wedding planners.

Any artists interested?
Blaze at Free Form Art
www.freeformart.com
"Bringing art into the everyday, and the everyday into art"
Blaze

Hook me up

Postby Sylas » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:10 am

I'm game! I recently got engaged myself, and I think going through the process has really opened my eyes to the amount of potential out there. For my own wedding, we are throwing out most traditions and creating everything ourselves.
From your post it seems like you may be a wedding planner, if you are, I am game for doing business, please email me privately so we can chat.
Thanks
Sylas

Return to Art Discussion