A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Digital Cameras

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Digital Cameras

Postby Bilbow » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:58 pm

For over a year I have been using a 4 meg...yes 4 meg camera with a really sharp Schneider lense. 4 meg is the lowest image size to work with for great quality pictures. I can take 4 meg and make it into 40 meg with software, and print 18x24 prints that are
eathtaking!!!! I thought about buying a better camera, but really...I don't need to. My biggest drawback is that 10x zoom range isn't often enough. 20x would be nice, but they don't make that because of instability and image quality issues.
Better equipment would be nice, but I would still be limited in the same way by what I would do with it. If you can't do it with less, you probably can't do it with more.
I hope you are blessed by my work. Bill Stephens
Bilbow

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby NanMac » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:20 pm

Bilbow...If you get a good one, they rock, don't they? I love my workhorse of a G-2. It's a 4.0 and I can get fabulous large images from it. I've shot with it for three years, almost 4. It can run my powerpack and strobes. It's been everywhere with me and has never failed to get the image no matter what I demand of it. I still use it for backup, composing, and as a light meter.

But I also like my other equipment too. The 4.0, after serious testing, doesn't have the depth of my Olympus, which is an 8.0. The sensor on it seems to almost romance the light. I've matched them head to head and in blind visual tests of 8x10 of the same landscape taken at the same time, the customers chose the oly images.

Oh No! with that comment, I feel that I have just betrayed my loyal, hardworking G-2. I'm a cad.
NanMac

closeups

Postby Lystra » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:22 am

Hi, I just got a new digital camera, a HP Photosmart E317 5.0 mega pixel. I am haveing alot of trouble with my focus in closeups, either they turn out blurred or too white. I am trying to find just how far away from my subject I should be..so far..all pictures turn out blurred..any suggestions?

I have a Lagan chameleon Xp ..think it's only 1 mp..but that took better closeups than my new camera it seems ..it is a great camera for it's mp's
Attachments
HPIM0083bb.JPG
this is a example of how my photos turn out
HPIM0083bb.JPG (144.72 KiB)
Those who will ignore a shout, will strain to hear a whisper~
Lystra

Re: closeups

Postby Singular » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:32 pm

Lystra wrote:Hi, I just got a new digital camera, a HP Photosmart E317 5.0 mega pixel. I am haveing alot of trouble with my focus in closeups, either they turn out blurred or too white. I am trying to find just how far away from my subject I should be..so far..all pictures turn out blurred..any suggestions?

I have a Lagan chameleon Xp ..think it's only 1 mp..but that took better closeups than my new camera it seems ..it is a great camera for it's mp's

I know that most digitals have setting for focus distance. If your shot is closer than that set distance, it will be blurred on the default setting. For this specific camera, the default setting is 1 m to infinity. If your shot is within 0.6 - 1.0 m, you need to change the focus to Macro so that it does not blur.

I hope this helps,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Lystra » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:52 am

Hi Joe, :)

Macro? To be honest I don't know what Macro is..cept I think thats a kind of format right?

I believe I understand what your saying about the distance settings. ty :)

oops sorry all didn't realise that photo was so big. :oops:
Those who will ignore a shout, will strain to hear a whisper~
Lystra

Postby Bill Guy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:53 pm

It all has to do with lens. In Macro you do need to have a good lens that can focus from a distance of about 6 to 8 inches. You can buy a special lens or you can get screw on filters that are magnifiers. With these special filters you can move in much closer but on cameras you do have to use the manual focus.

The other work around would be a large depth of field by using f stops of f 11 or more. Many digital cameras do allow for aperture priority shooting. Some cameras have a setting of A or AE for this. You will need a tripod for this since your shutter speed will be very slow and in close up work any shake is noticeable.
Bill Guy