A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Painting Video - How I paint art that sells

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Painting Video - How I paint art that sells

Postby jacquie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:30 am

Hello Fellow Artists,

Just wanted to let you know that after lots of requests I have hired a professional videographer and created a painting video. I share my techniques and walk you thru how to paint an abstract landscape painting from start to finish (see the painting you will learn to paint below). I have sold about 35 videos so far (Vimeo video) and have gotten excellent feedback and reviews. I make the process very simple and easy to follow and use minimal colors.

I've been selling my paintings and prints for several years now and have collectors in the US, Canada and Europe. I have prints sold thru Pottery Barn, Neiman Marcus and TJMaxx and was recently invited to be a member of Art in Embassies - so I have some accolades to back up my art and now training video.

If you or someone you know is interested in learning how to paint, or if you are looking for some new tips, techniques or way to paint, check out my listing on Etsy at https://www.etsy.com/listing/277547212/abstract-landscape-painting-video?ref=shop_home_feat_1

Cheers!
Jacquie Gouveia
http://www.jgouveia.com

====================================
Customer Feedback:

"I LOVE your paintings, and really enjoyed your video! I thought it was tremendously interesting to see how you approach painting: No focus at all on the line shape or "drawing" aspects of the brushwork – which is quite diff from how I paint! – and fully engaged on the color and textural dimensions.
As a result, your work is essentially very lively, thrilling color field painting with some landscape references. You "let it happen" based on the tool you are using, the characteristics of the paint you've mixed and the surface – and then react with your next color step/s.
Wow. I can see how this would be a very fun way to work, rather than sweating specific representational details. "

"I bought your painting lesson off etsy as I had never used acrylics before. It was absolutely excellent. Your video was superb. You seemed warm and friendly and made it easy to understand with clear simple steps. You made it fun and also made me feel that I what I wanted to achieve was possible."

"Jacquie, I have watched this video at least 3 times and love it! Really enjoyed watching you creating one of your masterpieces and have learned a lot about painting from you. Highly recommended!"

"I think you did an excellent job here. You cover every step, including your basic setup, in detail. You made it simple enough for a beginner but in the end you create a piece of fine art even a experienced artist would be happy with. "

"My wife and I kept looking at each other marveling at how simple you made everything seem. We were amazed at your truly minimalist color pallet. Of course, it was your enormous talent that was really the star. We are both just mesmerized by the simplicity and beauty of your art."

"Your teaching style and the production values of the video made the process very easy to understand and comprehend. I am going to purchase paint, some brushes, get a few canvases and give it a go."
Attachments
What you will paint
jacquie

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Painting Video - How I paint art that sells

Postby Singular » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Hi Jacquie,

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your sales. Great advice.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Painting Video - How I paint art that sells

Postby jacquie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Thanks so much Joe!
jacquie