A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Let the Games Begin II

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Let the Games Begin II

Postby CarlOwen » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:32 am

Thought I would share an update. Santa Rosa Lake 6 received a Best in Show award in the Skies completion by fusionart.com.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby jenn_iam » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi Cristo - for your painting 'Pointed" I have to say I have stared at this for some time... I am not per ce, a huge fan of abstracts - moreso drawn to surrealism. But I have to compliment you on your choices of color in this one... Not sure I am on board to the thought process you described - but I always view that art and its meaning is 'in the eyes of the beholder' .. To me this painting says more about a dream-state. I person in the dark - with a vivid imagination illuminated from beyond the door of opportunity. But hey. that is just me. :)

Carl - Earth's heart - definitely says Magma. It has a very rich glow to it that I like very much - but I am not sold on the composition. If I was to coin Cristo's phrase simplistic for this one... when I think of so many of your other pieces - this one is very minimalistic.
Cavers comfort - I really like. Though I am not sure its Abstract, but more impressionistic. I agree it has a bit of the renaissance artist (or van gogh) feeling to it.. But I like its colors, and the story it tells .. this one definitely speaks to me in composition, form and contrast.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby jenn_iam » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:14 pm

I am so tempted to do one now and join the fun!

Jennifer Erin
jenn_iam

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi Jennifer. Time on your hands? Did you really read through all this? If so, WOW! If not, you missed a lot. I agree with you on Caver's comfort. It is impressionistic as I intended. I did Earth's Heart three different times. My brother-in-law wanted Earth's Heart about 45 years ago. He framed it and It still hangs in his living room. My niece wanted one about 20 years ago. Earth's Heart II is still in her living room. Earth's Heart III was done a few years ago because my daughter wanted one. It won third place in Fusion Art's abstract contest. Go figure. Would love to see what you could add to this post. This post was very challenging to me and I learned a lot along the way.
CarlOwen

Postby jenn_iam » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:34 pm

That is awesome!!! Yes, I did read through them... the challenge you guys are doing are inspiring to say the least.

Jennifer Erin
jenn_iam

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Ah, thank you Jennifer. If you have not already looked and have the time, the original post of Let the Games begin will give the history that led to Let the games begin II. I also learned much in that paint off with Cristo.
CarlOwen

Previous