A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Woman Stretching - Nude - Critique

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Woman Stretching - Nude - Critique

Postby mikewheeler » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Here is a 10 minute sketch I did last night at our weekly figure drawing class. This was my first time studying a nude model. It is definitely something that I feel like I could be good at and truly enjoy doing. It's just tying it into a full piece and how to tie it in...

Mike
Attachments
mikewheeler

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Woman Stretching - Nude - Critique

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi, Mike. Good start but her hand is unnaturally small and the legs look a little
diminutive for her elongated waist. I see some confusion as to the rendering of her
turned head (chin and nose). Keep practicing, you're off to a good start, you have the
essence of the pose. Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby mikewheeler » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:55 pm

I definitely agree about the hand... I actually didn't even notice it until the next morning. I think I spent so much energy and effort on the torso with the proper shading and proportions that I forgot about the hand.

Could you expand more on the legs vs waist? In this case the model had wide hips so getting the proportions correct made that a little more difficult in my opinion. But since this was my first go at this I was already confused LOL

Also, just to touch on the head... I was in a position where her head was arched back almost directly in my line of view, so there wasn't much to draw from that direction. I tried to add a little as I moved my position slightly to add to the piece, but I'm thinking next time I may just leave it be...

Mike
mikewheeler

Postby www-ksart-se » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Great start! keep it up and you'll master it soon.

Nothing more to add, Then Hawk eye Elizabeth alrdy say.

Just wanted to say good job! =) Cheers
www-ksart-se