A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Bloody Mary

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Bloody Mary

Postby eddieblz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:43 am

This one I did a while back. Though I liked the image I never really liked the whole piece, it always looked incomplete to me. So I upgraded.
Attachments
eddieblz

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Bloody Mary

Postby ehoeveler » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:23 pm

Although I like the whole picture the abstract in me is mesmerized by that amorphous red melee behind her. She is beautiful and the 'tatooing', necklace and hair/ other frills enhance her beauty. That particular picture frame finishes this off very nicely! Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:14 pm

I dig the upgrade. Nice framing within the picture. This reminds me of something else.... will post in appropriate area.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26

Postby jenn_iam » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:50 pm

I really like this, can see it or like compilation as artwork in gaming materials... maybe not as risquee.. but the feeling that it has... gothic but modern.. I like this one.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Medved35 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:52 am

Why bring these horrors from childhood back to life? I used to keep a towel snugged in between the door while I showered in fear that the door would slam shut and I'd be sucked into the mirror. Once, I remember the lights going out and I jumped the tub and ran into my room faster than you can say Jack Robinson. To say her name I'm guessing I would have to get pretty liquored-up before I could find the courage to pull that off. Yikes and Jiminy crickets.
Medved35

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:17 pm

I see this has elicited a strong reaction from you, Collin - paint it out, my friend - could be good!
ehoeveler

Postby eddieblz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Thank's for all the nice input everyone.
Hi Rebecca It is so nice to see you've been posting again.
Medved,
Even if a person doesn't believe in such things and I don't. We still because of our superstitious nature, feel uneasy (with this particular legend) to stand in front of a mirror and repeat the name 3 time. This is the same with any legend thou. We take it the point that we wont do what ever it takes to activate that legend even thou we know it's nonsense. That is what makes bringing these horrors up over and over again interesting and fresh no matter how old they are.
Now personally I belong to several horror clubs. Including some, reaper, slenderman, Bloody Marry, Skull and bone along with general horror clubs that's why all the frightful stuff the last year or so. You have to be a true nonbeliever to have the courage to scare the pants off everyone else. BOOHAHHAHAHAHA.
Thanks so much everyone for the kind comment and taking the time to make them.
Eddie

By the Way here's my child hood nightmare.
Imagine... Laying in bed as a young child 5 or 6. The room dark as coal. You asked your parents not to close the bedroom door. "Just leave it open a crack", you plead. But they wont. "You can't get a proper nights sleep if it's open", Your dad snapped back at you.
So there you are, in the dark. "It will be alright, it wont happen tonight", you say trying to comfort yourself as the cold sweat begins to bead up on your forehead. Suddenly you here that music off in the distance. You are unable to scream. You want to scream because you know what is coming for you. Then the nightmare begins, White glowing hands not attached to any, body. Just floating in the air...Quickly they grab you by the wrists. You struggle but they over power you, pinning you to the bed. Again you try to yell out for help but you mouth will not even move. Now the real horror enters your room. "How has it been able to enter, The door is closed!!", your thoughts race.
Two eye's,... that's all it is. Nothing more. Just two eyes hovering there in the dark... But not human eye's, no but... It's the owl eyes. Glaring at you, with deep hate. the look of wanting to do you harm deep inside of them. They slowly move toward you as you petrify in horror. You can't even struggle any more. The darkness around these terrors begin to drip with blood until the darkness itself becomes a blood red. The redness around those eyes begins to move with formless shapes. You have managed some how in your terror to wiggle your blankets over your head... but you know it will be useless because you Know what is coming next.
Claws now appear below those two creations of evil. The claws now slowly reach out. You feel them as they tug at your blanket. (That last bit of comfort you were hoping for). The blanket that is laying over you, you feel it slowly being dragged from off of you. Tears of terror now rolling from your eyes. You close your eyes, not wanting to peer onto those two visions of your own mortality. The beat of your racing heart which has been getting loader with each agonizing second now fills the room, seeming to be keeping time with music.
"Now that's odd!?! How could my heart be keeping time with the music???", You say to yourself. Suddenly you wake up and sit strait up in your bed. Oddly you can still hear the music? Oh it's just dad playing Beethoven or Mozart or something in the other room. "Mom must be home from work" you whisper to yourself. So you get up, sneak over to your bedroom door, open it a bit, letting in some light, then jump back into bed. "their busy talking right now, They'll never know I opened it". You say to yourself. Now you drift back to sleep relieved that it's over.
Attachments
eddieblz

Postby Medved35 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:27 am

Nice Eddie, love the illustration with the story. No doubt a pair of white hands would scare me stiff. Then on top of that.... owls eyes, forget about it.

Now that we're telling ghost stories, I've always envisioned this scene that a movie like Candyman or Bloody Mary could use. I won't won't be nearly as descriptive because ...well.... i'm a painter not a writer. Anyway, it goes like this.

Girl in her teens gets annoyed with the whole Bloody Mary fairy tale. She says the the name three times and for a laugh she also says, "I have have your baby" Lights begin to flicker and in an instant there off. In total darkness, the girl stares sternly into the mirror and notices a white glimmer appear from the black abyss within the mirror. The white glimmer grows in size and a faint laughter can be heard. And then the girl finally sees the object for what it really is. The face of horror reincarnated . The face of Bloody Mary. The girl quickly reaches for the door knob and finds that its locked from inside. In a panic frenzy, she begins pulling and tugging at the door, all the while the face is nearing it's destination and the laughter becomes deafening. The girl begins to pound on the door and scream for her mother. The girls mother rushes up the stairs and hears her precious child screaming. With the laughter and the daughter screaming within the bathroom and trying to force the door open the mother yells, "Whats wrong Jenny!....Whats WRONG! JENNY OPEN THE DOOR!" ( I guess the daughter's name is Jenny, go figure) Jenny screams back, " MOM OPEN THE DOOR", " "I CAN"T " yaddaddadda....... MOM! yadaydaydyad Jenny is still screaming but the mother notices that Jenny isn't trying to open the door anymore. "HELP" Jenny screams. "what is it BAby!" "Whats HAPPENING! .......The mother busts open the door and she reaches out into the darkness infront her. After realizing no one in front of her she turns her head and sees her daughter. Jenny still screaming for her life is be dragged away into the mirror!( hmmmmmm this sounds familiar) The mother screams for her child. In a panic she reaches with her hand over to the light switch and turns it on. The Jenny being dragged disappears along with the screaming and laughter. The mother quickly switches the lights back off. Nothing. switches back on...still nothing..back off,on,off,on,off. The mother screams in anguish and continues to hit the light switch.
Last edited by Medved35 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Medved35

Postby Medved35 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:30 am

To this day the mother continues to flick the light switch in hope one day her baby will come back.

I guess I gotta paint a Bloody Mary. Bloody Hell.
Medved35

Postby eddieblz » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Wonderful Ghost story! Ill be looking forward to seeing your version of Bloody Marry.
Thanks Eddie.
eddieblz