A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

"Ancient Beauty"

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

"Ancient Beauty"

Postby jenn_iam » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:29 pm

OK.. I have had this judged locally, but I am interested in a more global opinion.

thanks in advance for the thoughts.
Attachments
Ancient BeautyWeb01F.jpg
Mix-Medium: Pen/Ink, Acryllic, Watercolor for girl, Digital enhancing and Leopard creation. & Photograph spliced background
Ancient BeautyWeb01F.jpg (128.02 KiB)
Last edited by jenn_iam on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Singular » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:18 pm

Jenn, this is a very nice piece. I am impressed. I really like the bold contrast between the background and the woman. It is very powerful in that sense. I also like the eyes very much. They are piercing.

I think you accomplished what you set out to in rendering the woman, but I would have liked it a bit more if the hair was not in such great competition with the face. You did a wonderful job on the face creatng intrigue and depth, but the hair tries to take you away from that with the sharp lines and extreme contrast.

I also like what you did with the background with the image of the panther, but I would have loved it if the image of the panther appeared from the mountains without the use of the outline defining the panther's shape. If somehow, you could have captured the image of the panther as a part of the mountain, that would have been amazing.

Definitely an exceptional piece. Let's see more.

Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28

Postby johnwalkeasy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:07 pm

jenn, Very good work. Really love the eyes. Would like it more without the leopard.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby camerashy » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:10 pm

excellent use of the media. The leopard looks a little big in space but the meaning attached adds more to it than just another pretty face.
camerashy

Thoughts behind the image...

Postby jenn_iam » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:12 pm

I didn't want to give any background at first, because I wanted honest interpretation.. and I thank you "so much" all for your thoughts.. they are helpful in understanding what others see...

The background as to what is happening or what was the source behind this image...

This image was created (inspired) from a Paranormal Romance novel written by Christine Feehan called Dark Desire (she is also found in Dark Fire as well)... it is one, of a series of images that I have done for her books...

This one "Ancient Beauty" is of Desari - a melodious and mysterious girl of nature that is always fiercely protected by her
other, Darius (who has the ability to shapeshift into a Black Leoppard). Though he is a protector of the family, that does not diminish her qualities of Strength by any means.. They both with their family, come from an old european culture and way of thinking.

What I hope for when I compose a peice of art, whether it is inspired by a source or elsewhere...it is to capture the feeling or the soul of the character or creature in the image... who they are.. and
ing the viewer into their world with the simplest of their gaze.

Thank you for your critiques and praises...
I appreciate them greatly.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

ancient beauty

Postby camerashy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:27 pm

You're welcome. Its great to have responses good or bad. we are at different poles artistically, but i like the work you've done. Keep the work coming.
ab
camerashy