A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

recent paintings

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: recent paintings

Postby jenn_iam » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Nice... they have a storybook feel to them. In a way I like them as they are, but not knowing what you are wanting for them, its hard to give a critique. Were you looking for more realism? Were you painting from a photo (from life). If realism is what your looking for, then my suggestions would be to work on the tonal differences, that provide depth. In the Bird and Tiger, texture. Fur doesnt lay flat, and feathers have a sheen to them. Again, I like the storybook feel.. so its really up to you as to where you want to go with them. Great job!
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby shinusha60 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks jenn_iam ,appreciate your time. Actually I followed the art instruction videos. But I didn't have all the right kind of brushes and stuff,I didn't use any medium either. Then again, am not sure my work will turn out realistic even with all the right tools.
shinusha60

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby tostra » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:13 pm

I think you should use some blending with the elements, paint more freely. Now I see nice parts of a painting. It´s a little bit mechanical drawing - you see a tree, lake and a bush, so you draw a tree, lake and a bush. They need to be connected (at least in my mind). And also everything that Jenn_iam said. Don´t trust the tutorial videos, trust yourself more.
tostra