A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

One more digital abstraction

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

One more digital abstraction

Postby spacinjay » Sun May 06, 2012 5:34 pm

spacinjay

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: One more digital abstraction

Postby Singular » Sun May 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Cool work. I do prefer the one with color. Abstracts are very difficult to critique, because they are very subjective. If I had to offer any critique, I would say the second one has little focal point. Everything is the same and has the same values. You might want to focus on an area and the rest can compliment it.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: One more digital abstraction

Postby spacinjay » Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Thank you again for the kind words!! Ironically, I am attempting to do what you are critiquing me for by using the most extreme black in the center of the piece to draw the eye to focus on the center of the image and the outline of the implied intent of this whole piece. The piece is a totem representing the eternal struggle between Good and Evil, light and dark. That's why I decided with the absence of color. With two penguins , two whales, a frog, and the ancient insect race that transplanted life on our wonderful Earth. There's a few other things hidden in there too. See if you can find them. Every inch of this one has purpose.
You have inspired me to start to think about how to work in some subtle color, both metaphorically and visually. I'm excited for this next evolution of this piece! It's one of my favorites.

... I'll post it when I'm finished.
spacinjay