A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Oil Paintings - Landscapes

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Oil Paintings - Landscapes

Postby miriamcarmack » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:12 pm

Hit me with all you can. I want to see what others really think, so don't be afraid, I won't ever see you - and I'm asking for it. If you like them, good(!), but let me know if there is anything that you can see that is problematic. I want you to be honest and save the nice comments for the other forum. Thanks friends. :)

Here is the link to my website where all my oil paintings are:

http://www.zhibit.org/miriamcarmack/oil-paintings

So far I have taken one intro to oil painting class, and I love love love it. I just started a commissioned painting today and might post when it's done, or at the midway point, so that I can get your thoughts before I sell it! (It's my first commission and I want to make it my best thus far. I am sure you can sympathize.)

Looking forward to some raving constructive criticism...

Miriam
miriamcarmack

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Oil Paintings - Landscapes

Postby sharkbarf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 pm

You've only taken one painting class?
Frankly I don't believe you.
These are exceptional paintings - especially for the fact that you just started.
Did you always draw? Did you first paint with Acrylics?

I'm a die hard oil painter. I am lucky enough to do it as my job, but it took me years to do things as well as yours.
I'm happy to give you serious critiques: you can always find something to critique, even with the "masters".
I want to know a little more about your background then don't worry I'll "hit you hard".
"Not conceded, just better than jail" - Dr. Spawk, FPC
sharkbarf