A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

this is another new painting i just did

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

this is another new painting i just did

Postby oilpainter2247 » Sun May 08, 2011 1:44 am

hope you like it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it is a 24 by 30 oil on canvas ..............thank you all for looking . :D
Attachments
004new1.jpg
004new1.jpg (197.64 KiB)
oilpainter2247

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby BYart » Sun May 08, 2011 11:00 am

Wow Mike...Love this one! Your execution of the trees is phenominal! and the water is so very well done.
As you are posting in fury, i hope you so not mind a couple of observations...
The
idge perspective is off a bit to my eyes. I don't think we would see as much of the underside of the "tunneled" area? Or maybe change the amount of the
idge showing on viewer's right, hard to state what I'm trying to say....does any of this make sense?

Love the little duck as well, Mike, and your use of color is again, wonderful! it's a great painting for sure! ALWAYS a pleasure viewing your fantastic paintings!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby oilpainter2247 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:16 pm

hello barb ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you no your not the only one to pic that out ,,,,,,,,,,,,i again have been looking at it and your sure right about that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what i did is make the right side higher ,,,,,,,,,,,it sure does look better ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but i am going to look at it a bit more before posting the new one ...........

thanks barb for your time ((((((((barb)))))))) have a great day and stay safe my friend :D
oilpainter2247

Postby oilpainter2247 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:26 pm

hey barb one more thing to add ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you and others will never have to worry about me getting mad

it does not bother me one bit at all ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it would have about 6 years ago ...........but now i just dont think about it ....

and on top of that i am happy you found something that was not right ,,,,,,,,,how will we learn ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i am far from perfect ............and i am always happy to get a reply bad or good

it means that someone cares about the things you do,,,,,,,,,,,,, and takes to time out of there lives to comment

i am happy as hell painting ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but without you and everyone here how would i no if something was bad or good

i have got alot of info from this place and all the members ,,,,,,,,,have made some good friends here

thank you again
oilpainter2247

Postby krysta11 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:37 am

I can't even find words to tell you Mike how much I adore your art.
This painting is simply beautiful!!!
all the best MIKE
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11

Postby BYart » Mon May 09, 2011 9:40 am

Thanks Mike! Made my day!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby nigelartist » Mon May 09, 2011 10:20 am

Simply beautiful artwork Mike.

I love the detail especially the trees to the left and right. I also love the swans and flowers...great detail.

I agree with Barb in that I think the
idge looks a bit of an optical illusion. The right side seems fine to me but the left looks like you can walk over it...confusing to the eye and mind.

I agree with you Mike that I now take criticism constructively and not personally and that I really admire the artists on this site. I feel honoured to have my paintings on here.

God bless.
nigelartist

Postby oilpainter2247 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:33 am

krysta you are always to kind to me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i am so very happy you like this one ...................and i am happy you are back here with us ...have a wonderful dau and thank you again :>)
oilpainter2247

Postby oilpainter2247 » Mon May 16, 2011 4:35 am

hello nigelartist ,,,,,yea i no ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it is the light in the room that makes it look that way ...................i am going to have to take another picture of this one soon ........................thanks again :>)
oilpainter2247

Postby ehoeveler » Tue May 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Really nice!! I especially love the
strong detail in the foreground trees.
ehoeveler

Postby oilpainter2247 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:07 am

ehoeveler i did not even see your post here i am so sorry ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thank you so very much for your comment my friend ...........have a great day :>)
oilpainter2247

Postby kcortese » Tue May 31, 2011 9:06 am

Mike, saw a post from you and had to open it. I LOVE viewing your work, always soothing and tranquil. Your use of color is always remarkable, and shows highly skilled talent.

You really don't need to change anything on this painting, but if you feel the need, I have a very small suggestion.

The front right side of the tunnel extending under the water, perhaps
ing the oval shape into the center just a little more, making it more round. Maybe you already did that, and baby white ducks are yellow, I think baby swans are black.

Regarless, it looks fantastic!!! I love it!

Can't wait to see the updated pic, if you change anything, but, there is no need to, looks fine the way it is.

Your fan,

Karen
kcortese

Postby bpier » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:32 am

Very, very nice Mike.
Brian
bpier