A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Please critique my painting

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Please critique my painting

Postby artisticsha » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:26 am

Go ahead and give me your opinion on this painting. Thanks for the honesty.
Attachments
next group 001.jpg
18'x 24" oil on canvas
next group 001.jpg (107.47 KiB)
artisticsha

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Very nice atmosphere and love the colours. From an artistic point of view I think it would benefit the painting if you increased the scale of your figures slightly. Distortion in proportion can be very helpful. You've chosen a difficult perspective, kudos for that.
Just curious, were you thinking of making prints of this for Christmas cards? It would look great.
Erika Takacs

Postby oilpainter2247 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:28 pm

hello artisticsha ,,,,,,,,,,,,well first i like the look and the colors of this .

second ,,,and it is just the way i look at it is .........well the trees in the back look a bit like goal posts ....the two on the side of the Christmas trees......also The Christmas trees are a bit to center in the painting

if you look at the yellow line on the street you will see what i mean by center

but again i do like this one ,,,,,,,,,,,,it is just something that when i seen this right away the line in the street and the trees just botherd me

you no like i have always said here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,it is just the way i see it ,,,i am just one person with two eyes

and again i will always like your work ,,,,,,,,,,,you a very good painter

artwork is in the eyes of everyone ....................and everyone has there own feel for what they like .............what is wrong or right

i dont like saying much on peoples work ,,,,,,,,,,,see i no i am not mr perfect........... but just had to comment anyways

your friend i hope ............mike :>)
oilpainter2247

Postby oilpainter2247 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:26 pm

artisticsha it has been a long time and i dont see you posting no more ,,,,,,,,,,i hope you are well and safe

if you are mad in any way from what i posted here i am sorry ........please reply when you can you have got some nice artwork and i would like to see more of it .

:D mike
oilpainter2247

Postby arlenemurals » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:32 pm

I absolutly love the color and feel of this painting it is reminicsent of the holiday season, I agree about the perspective though, the houses and buildings a re rendered nicly but your figures and cars look like a birdseye view from a skyscraper, I think the painting would be a winner if they were just a bit closer in scale. kudos , it really is lovely
arlenemurals