A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

My second try

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

My second try

Postby Cancer » Mon May 31, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi I only started painting this year. This is the second painting I've tried. Would really love to get you opinions
Attachments
Picture 005.jpg
Picture 005.jpg (55.5 KiB)
Cancer

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby nadim » Mon May 31, 2010 10:40 pm

I really like it. The girl herself looks a quite flat in comparison to everything else, but its a minor quibble. The depth of field (literally) is quite well done, as is the landscape itself. Keep on truckin'.
nadim

Good morning

Postby Michael Ortega » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:04 am

Very subtle colors and a classic composition. I like the overall feel here, but you could add a little more (just a little) to the human figure in order to give it a better form.
What I lack in talent I more than make up for with enthusiasm!
Michael Ortega

Postby Cancer » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks, I will definitely work on my lady some more.
Cancer

Postby BYart » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:53 am

I like this as well, but do agree with above poster's comments.
Adding a bit more to the Lady will make her more of the focus.
Looking forward to more from you!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Postby hollieleffel » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:32 am

I think this is a very nice painting. Seeing that it's only your second painting its very good! My second was horrible! lol. I love the empty sky and the focus being at the bottom of the painting. I agree with the above posters, the lady could use a little more. I think possibly even changing her clothing color by a tone or two, or more shadows on her to
ing her clothes out. It appears her clothes are the same color as the sky and I didn't even notice she had an um
ella because of the same thing. Wonderful painting concept!
hollieleffel

Postby arlenemurals » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:00 am

what you have achieved in the landscape is quite lovely, I agree the figure needs some more attention, and I personally think the sky is too much empty space, but overall it is very, very impressive for only a second try! keep painting, think about what your 102 try will be like!!! How exciting for you!
arlenemurals

Postby artisticsha » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

Very nice style. Also very good for the first time or second. Keep going you have alot of talent. The only thing is your clouds could be more uniformed.
artisticsha

Postby Cancer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:20 am

Tnx everyone, I'll definitely been working on my lady. All the comments are very much appreciated. Now I need a favor. Posted a picture of an African Mother and child in the Works in progress section. Please check it out and make me some more usefull comments. I want to enter that for a competition,but would like to know if it will be good enough.
Cancer

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury